FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT REQUEST
November 15, 2004 A.D.
Richard L. Huff, Co-Director
Office of Information and Privacy
U.S. Department of Justice
10th & Constitution, N.W.
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, USA
Subject: Freedom of Information Act (“FOIA”) Request
Dear Mr. Huff:
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act. I request that a copy of the following documents be provided to Me, without delay:
1. proper Presidential Commissions signed by the President of the United States of America and countersigned by the U.S. Attorney General for all eighteen (18) federal employees currently seated on the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, as required by 5 U.S.C. sections 2104 and 2902. (see sample attached);
2. proper OPM Form 61 Appointment Affidavits signed by all eighteen (18) federal employees currently seated on the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, as required by 5 U.S.C. sections 3331 and 2906 (see sample attached);
3. proper Oaths of Office for United States Judges signed by all eighteen (18) federal employees currently seated on the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, as required by 28 U.S.C. section 453 (see sample attached); and,
4. proper Senate Confirmations of all eighteen (18) federal employees currently seated on the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, as required by the Appointments Clause in the Constitution for the United States of America, as lawfully amended (see sample attached).
Below please find an alphabetical list of the proper names of all eighteen (18) federal employees whose credentials above I am hereby requesting, and the cities in which they are employed, as listed at 323 F.Supp.2d.
I request a waiver of all fees for this request.
Disclosure of the requested information to Me is in the public interest, because it is likely to contribute significantly to public understanding of the operations and activities of the federal government, and is not primarily in My commercial interest.
See also 5 U.S.C. 552(a)(4)(B). Statutes conferring original jurisdiction on federal district courts must be strictly construed.
If you are not the correct person to whom this FOIA request should be directed, please forward it without delay to the correct person(s).
Thank you for your timely consideration of this FOIA request.
/s/ Paul Andrew Mitchell
Paul Andrew Mitchell, B.A., M.S.
Private Attorney General and Qualified Federal Witness
U.S. Mail care of:
UPS PMB #332
501 W. Broadway, Suite “A”
San Diego 92101
All Rights Reserved without Prejudice
attachments and enclosures
copy: District Clerks, USDC/NDCA (San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose)
Alphabetical list of 18 federal personnel
currently seated on the USDC/NDCA:
1. William Haskell Alsup (San Francisco)
2. Saundra Brown Armstrong (San Francisco)
3. Charles R. Breyer (San Francisco)
4. Maxine M. Chesney (San Francisco)
5. Samuel Conti (San Francisco)
6. Jeremy D. Fogel (San Jose)
7. Thelton E. Henderson (San Francisco)
8. Susan Y. Illston (San Francisco)
9. Martin J. Jenkins (San Francisco)
10. D. Lowell Jensen (Oakland)
11. Marilyn H. Patel (San Francisco)
12. William W. Schwarzer (San Francisco)
13. Fern M. Smith (San Francisco)
14. Vaughn R. Walker (San Francisco)
15. James Ware (San Jose)
16. Jeffrey S. White (San Francisco)
17. Ronald M. Whyte (San Jose)
18. Claudia Wilken (Oakland)
Source: 323 F.Supp.2d (introductory pages)