Time: Mon Jun 16 14:11:23 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id OAA18782;
	Mon, 16 Jun 1997 14:12:12 -0700 (MST)
	by usr10.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id OAA02560;
	Mon, 16 Jun 1997 14:12:05 -0700 (MST)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 14:10:20 -0700
To: fwolist@sportsmen.net
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Property Ownership (was: Atkins Case) (fwd)

When the dealer transferred the Manufacturer's
Statement of Origin ("MSO") to the corporate State government,
the State became the real owner, and you became a
"tenant" or "renter" of that vehicle.  You buy
insurance to indemnify the State against improper
operation, equipment failure, etc.  You are "licensed"
to obtain mandatory permission to operate their "vehicle",
just as you would need permission to "drive" someone
else's car (although that someone "else" may be another
"tenant" or "renter" of that vehicle too!)