Time: Fri Jun 20 18:39:11 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id SAA11160;
	Fri, 20 Jun 1997 18:31:59 -0700 (MST)
	by usr04.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id SAA14730;
	Fri, 20 Jun 1997 18:31:53 -0700 (MST)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 18:30:20 -0700
To: snetnews@world.std.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Post Office bounces

The problem was much more serious than
reported here.  One of those spurious
bounces corrupted my inbound server queue,
and it caused the modem synchronization
to feedback garbage to Eudora, which
aborted with a GPF.  The Eudora technician
went on a wild goose chase with me, trying
to re-install the entire package, updates
and all.  When that failed, we called the
ISP, and they fixed it by deleting the
entire inbound queue, but only on a hunch.

Thus went 3 whole hours, down the drain.

At 12:39 AM 6/21/97 +0000, you wrote:

>->  SearchNet's   SNETNEWS   Mailing List
>
>And just who are you? and more importantly - who are you to tell me to stop
>sending messages? You obviously do not know what you are talking about.
>Bounced messages from a too-full mailbox do NOT react in this manner. I am
>highly offended that you would take it upon yourself to write such a
>patronizing letter to me. I have a perfect right to ask questions and state
>my opinion and you have no right to censure me. Get lost.
>
>Jean
>
>At 11:34 PM 6/20/97 +0000, you wrote:
>
>>Jean,
>>
>>Please, stop sending these messages.  It is only making things worse.
>>Believe me, everyone is aware of the problem.  Bladen's mailbox at his
>>internet provider is full probably because he hasn't checked his e-mails for
>>a while.  Maybe he went on vacation and forgot to unsubscribe from SNETNEWS.
>>As a result, his messages are bouncing back to the list.  I belong to a
>>number of lists and didn't check my mail yesterday.  Today, I was shocked to
>>find 567 messages waiting for me, but I suspected what the problem was
>>because it has happened before.  Just delete all of those messages from his
>>e-mail provider's post office.  I am sure that very shortly, the list owner
>>will unsubscribe him from SNETNEWS and the problem will go away.  Believe
>>me, it was probably not an intentional act on his part.  If you didn't check
>>your e-mail for a few weeks, your messages would start bouncing back to the
>>list as well.  In my case, because of the amount of mail I receive, the 5MB
>>that are alloted to me by PixiNet would probably be filled within a week if
>>I neglected to retrieve them for that week.  Just sit tight and someone will
>>take care of the problem.
>>
>>Aloha,
>>
>>Neal
>>>
>>>Me, too...I'm getting 40 or 50 of these messages every day. Someone is
>>>spamming this list. Any computer types out there smart enough to know
how to
>>>make this sucker stop this??? Where's our moderator???
>>>
>>>HELP!!
>>>
>>>Jean Staffen

>ARE

>>>-> Send "subscribe   snetnews " to majordomo@world.std.com
>>>->  Posted by: Jean Staffen <jstaffen@worldnet.att.net>

>>     Neal Nakamura          omega1@pixi.com          Aiea, Hawaii
>>

>-> Send "subscribe   snetnews " to majordomo@world.std.com
>->  Posted by: Jean Staffen <jstaffen@worldnet.att.net>

email:   [address in tool bar]       : using Eudora Pro 3.0.2 on 586 CPU