Time: Thu Jun 26 17:18:56 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id RAA28486;
	Thu, 26 Jun 1997 17:15:34 -0700 (MST)
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 20:14:41 -0400
Originator: heritage-l@gate.net
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
To: pmitch@primenet.com
Subject: SLF: Open Letter to Dr. Eugene A. Burns (corrected)

Dear Dr. Burns:

It is with a very heavy heart that I must
inform you that I was compelled to call
the Tucson Police Department this morning,
after I saw you parked outside the carport
at the west end of the apartment building
where I live.

You appeared to me to be casing the area where
I live and work.  You had no business being
there in your brown Ford pickup truck,
the one which you permitted me to use for
various errands when I worked for your
company, the New Life Health Center Company,
at 4500 East Speedway, Suite 27, in the position
of Vice President for Legal Affairs.  I know this
truck very well, and you rarely operate it, if I
am not mistaken.

My first telephone call was to the fraud unit
at the Tucson Police Department.  After hearing
my story, they advised me immediately to call
911.  Without delay, I did call 911, and gave
a full report of the experience I had at 8:59 a.m.
this morning, as an eyewitness of you parked
right next to the dumpster at the south end of
the carport at the west end of my apartment
building.

The Police were very polite and also concerned.
After hearing my entire story, they advised
me to stay in my apartment, and to await the
arrival of a Tucson Police officer, who has
been dispatched to take a formal police report
from me, in Person.

Dr. Burns, I do think it would be much better
on everyone if you were to surrender yourself
to the Tucon Police Department, and work out
some sort of plea bargain with the County Attorney.
I believe that the evidence against you at the present
time is rather monumental, and incontovertible.

As you know, to defend my own Rights in this matter,
I have found it necessary to begin simultaneous
actions against you in the U.S. Bankruptcy Courts
in Phoenix and Tucson, and soon in the Superior Court
of Arizona state, after my civil action is transferred
to this court from a lower court.

You have no idea how much difficulty and pain your
actions have caused me, because of your refusal to
recognize the obvious damages which you have caused
to me.  These damages have been fully documented, under
penalty of perjury, and you have failed to rebut my claims.  [was "per"]

You have choosen instead to libel me on numerous pieces
of mail which I have sent to you, to keep you informed
of the progress of the litigation which I have initiated.
This was a duty which I owed to you, to guarantee due
process of law, and I have performed that duty quite
diligently, and at great expense to my own fragile
economic situation.  You chose instead to fax me an ugly
and vicious insult, filled with obscenities.

In closing, I want you to know that I did my best to
keep you from being indicted by the federal grand jury
which subpoened your company books and records last year.
A lot of very significant legal work was developed under
the auspices of your company.  When you threw all of that
work out the window, for reasons that are already well
known to you (if not others), it struck a blow deep into  [was "I struck"]
my heart, and that pain still persists.  Please do not
blame me for wanting to salvage that work, as much as
possible.  It was done as much for you, as for the millions
of other Americans who now suffer under a vicious extortion
racket that is prowling the several states as I write this.

However, I want you to know that I will resist, with
everything I've got, any attempts by you, or anyone else
in your immediate social and professional circles, to
obstruct my fundamental Right to due process of law
concerning the matters of such immense importance which
my research has uncovered, on your behalf, and on behalf
of the many other clients who have retained me during
the past 12 months.

Gene, stop and come to your senses, before your present
situation only gets much worse.  If you persist in
libeling and slandering me all around town, this extremely
bad karma will only redound to your own disrepute among
the very people whom you now regard as your closest
friends and associates.

It takes a much bigger man to admit that he has been wrong,
and that he has wronged someone else.  If you are truly
the champion you wanted me to believe you are, or were
at some time in the past, then please, don't prolong this
agony any further.  You required me to "go to the mat,"
remember?

I intend to do just that.

email:   [address in tool bar]       : using Eudora Pro 3.0.2 on 586 CPU