Time: Fri Jul 04 05:22:08 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id FAA29895;
	Fri, 4 Jul 1997 05:21:45 -0700 (MST)
	by usr03.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id FAA26858;
	Fri, 4 Jul 1997 05:20:11 -0700 (MST)
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 1997 05:18:25 -0700
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Two Classes of Citizens -- The PROOF!

[This text is formatted in Courier 11, non-proportional spacing.]

     It is quite clear, then, that there is a citizenship of
     the United States** and a citizenship of a State, which
     are distinct  from each  other and  which  depend  upon
     different  characteristics   or  circumstances  in  the
     individual.

                  [Slaughter House Cases, 83 U.S. 36 (1873)]
                                            [emphasis added]

     We have  in our  political system  a Government  of the
     United States** and a government of each of the several
     States.  Each one of these governments is distinct from
     the others,  and each  has citizens  of  its  own  ....
     Slaughter-House Cases

           [United States v. Cruikshank, 92 U.S. 542 (1875)]
                                            [emphasis added]

     A person  who is  a citizen  of the  United States** is
     necessarily a  citizen of the particular state in which
     he resides.   But  a person  may  be  a  citizen  of  a
     particular state  and  not  a  citizen  of  the  United
     States**.   To hold  otherwise would  be to deny to the
     state the  highest exercise  of its sovereignty, -- the
     right to declare who are its citizens.

                          [State v. Fowler, 41 La. Ann. 380]
                           [6 S. 602 (1889), emphasis added]

     There  are,   then,  under   our  republican   form  of
     government, two  classes of citizens, one of the United
     States** and one of the state. One class of citizenship
     may exist  in a  person, without  the other,  as in the
     case of  a resident  of the  District of  Columbia; but
     both classes usually exist in the same person.

              [Gardina v. Board of Registrars, 160 Ala. 155]
                     [48 S. 788, 791 (1909), emphasis added]

As quoted in the Preface of "The Federal Zone: Cracking the
Code of Internal Revenue," electronic Seventh Edition.

                             #  #  #

email:   [address in tool bar]       : using Eudora Pro 3.0.2 on 586 CPU