Time: Wed Jul 09 17:55:47 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id RAA17728;
	Wed, 9 Jul 1997 17:32:01 -0700 (MST)
	by usr02.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id RAA04609;
	Wed, 9 Jul 1997 17:31:45 -0700 (MST)
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 1997 17:31:36 -0700
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: LEADERS "Insider's Report" July, 1997 (Part 2) (fwd)

> [...]
>     AK, CT, FL, HI, ID, IL, MD, NH, NJ, NM, OH, PA, TX, WA, WI
>
>     Many thanks go out to those who are truly going beyond the call of
>duty in assisting the patriot movement.
>     This month, LEADERS gives special thanks, once again, to Bernice
>Howell, our Idaho State Coordinator, for all her help in gathering
information
>about the Senator Ipsen proposal to defeat the Con-con; and also for her
>research efforts helping us prepare the forthcoming article on Idaho
>Congresswoman Helen Chenoweth (see it in the new edition of American
>Leadership).  If we had a fireball like Bernice in every state, LEADERS
>would soon be as recognized as American Bar Association!  Thanks
>Bernice!
>     Beginning the debate in your home town, or state, is easy.  Decide
>what you are best at.  You can offer classes at your local church or
>community college.  You may be able to help train activists.  Getting on
>radio talk shows is important--and all of these types of activities are
>critical to the movement to restore constitutional government.
>     In most cases, achieving something is just about as easy as asking.
>     To help us expand our numbers, please remember to contact your
>local radio talk shows!  Tell them about us, and encourage them to have us
>on the air with them!   Call the show when the regular host is on the air and
>politely suggest the LEADERS network of speakers!  We have some very
>articulate people that WILL generate interest in restoring the Constitution.
>But unless we can get on those microphones, these ideas just sit and wait
>for an audience.  Help us reach that audience by radio.  Whether it is short
>wave, local AM, or syndicated national programs--think of us, and help us
>spread the word!
>

>ISSUE BRIEF COLLECTION . . .
>     To help educate the masses, or the representatives of the people,
>LEADERS has prepared quite a list of support materials.  (If writing, ask
>about our LEADERS Legislative Program for State and Local Government--
>a collection of ideas drafted by LEADERS and our constitutionist allies to
>help restore limits on government--at all levels.)  We now have available the
>following ISSUE BRIEFS, for 2.50 FRN's each.  Order, duplicate, and
>distribute widely!  Consider giving these to your associates at work, in
>front
>of the Post Office, or to whomever you think might read them and ponder
>the realites . . .
>
>#01       Motor Voter Act Unconstitutional
>#02       Authority of States/President to Intervene on Behalf of Sound Money
>#03       What is a "Dollar"
>#04       Social Security's Days Are Numbered
>#05       The B.B.A.: Friend or Foe?
>#06       Who Is The Militia?
>#07       The Family Leave Bill: A Congress in Rebellion
>#08       National Endowment for the Arts vs. The Constitution
>#09       Historical Evidence of the Application of a Direct Tax on State
Governments
>#10       Law To Imprison Renegade Judges
>#11       Constitutional Convention/Conference of States:  Just Say "NO!"
>#12       The National Sales Tax Hoax
>#13       Balancing the Budget: The Facts
>#14       The Income Tax Authority of Congress
>#15       Testimony, House Ways and Means Committee on the Income
>              Tax Authority of Congress
>#16       Line Item Veto Transfers Awesome Power to Executive
>#17       Fixing Corporations, Parts 1 & 2
>#18       Rethinking the Petty Offense Doctrine (Trial by Jury)
>#19       On The Right Of State Nullification
>#20       Restoring America's Economic Health
>#21       Facts About the Income Tax (Your Government[s] May Not Want You
To Know)
>#22       Commentary on the Voluntary Nature of Social Security
>#25       Davy Crockett Discovers Constitutional Limits
>

>                            MISSION STATEMENT
>
>     The Legislative Exchange Association, Drafting, Editing and Research
Service (LEADERS) is a sole-proprietorship venture established by Christian
writer Harold W. Bolinger for the purpose of creating a vehicle for a more
broad understanding of the Constitution for the United States of America.
>     LEADERS is a voluntary association and assembly of individuals
protected under the First Amendment of the Constitution for the United
States of America; to wit:
>     "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
>     prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of
speech or of
>     the press; or of the right of the people to peaceably to assemble,
and to petition
>     the Government for a redress of grievances."
>
>     As a First Amendment forum for the exchange of information,
legislative and political ideas, LEADERS accepts information contributions
and proposals from any source, so long those contributions have at their
root the principles of freedom established by the Constitution's Framers in
1787, and are supported by evidence in the affirmative.  Persons,
institutions and groups are invited and encouraged to contribute ideas to
LEADERS.
> Information submitted will be posted to our World Wide Web site, and
distributed through other means, after it has been thoroughly reviewed for
accuracy by Constitutional scholars affiliated with LEADERS.  As the
American people need a reliable source of accurate information, we hope to
make LEADERS that source.

>Our goals include:
>
>1.  Developing legislation designed to reduce the size of the Federal
Government to that which can be easily justified by the language and intent
of the Constitution for the United States of America; and
>2.  Developing a unified, Constitutional platform for candidates for state
and federal offices that embodies the principles of limited, constitutional
government; and
>3.  Seeking out and training candidates for elected office with
information supporting "original intent" principles; and
>4.  Providing substantive historical review and access to information
helpful to a broader general understanding of government by citizens and
government officials alike; and
>5.  Conducting research, studies, and bill drafting efforts to evaluate
and reform governmental programs deemed not in conformity to the limits of
the Constitution for the United States of America as identified in original
sources for evaluation of such intent; and
>6.  To prepare reports, press releases, pamphlets and other materials
intended for the use of the general public based on the results of such
research and studies; and
>7.  To make available once again out-of-print historical or public domain
works by the republication thereof using electronic or print media; and
>8.  To publish a journal, to be known as "American Leadership Magazine,"
with scholarly commentary on the activities of individuals making up the
American body politic, and for other purposes.

>LEGAL NOTICE:
>LEADERS makes no representation that the legislative proposals offered in
any of our publications are intended for any particular state.  LEADERS is
NOT a "lobbying" entity.  We employ no persons as "lobbyists" or official
representatives for the purpose of influencing legislation.  We offer
information contributed from various sources that may be used by any
individual in any manner they deem appropriate for their state, community,
etc.  We do not necessarily "endorse" the proposals submitted by
contributing writers or organizations.  Any individual wishing to take the
legislative proposals we offer to their elected officials, customize them
for their state, or etc. does so as an individual, and as such, is
responsible for knowing and living by the "lobbying" laws of their state.

>ETHICAL PLEDGE:
>LEADERS pledges to live up to the highest degree of professionalism and
ethical standards in performing its mission.  Administrative costs shall at
all times be limited to only those expenses that are essential to the
survival of the institution and the fulfillment of the goals stated as its
mission.  LEADERS will neither "hire" nor "employ" any individual except
under reviewable performance contract, and such contracts shall be limited
to those functions necessary to the fulfillment of such mission.  LEADERS
shall not contribute either in-kind or
>financial support to any candidate for elected office, but may offer
training to any candidate on a "consultant" (for
>hire) basis.  Individuals contributing financial support to assist in a
special project have a right to anticipate that such monies shall not be
appropriated to any other use, so long as a designation is made, in
writing, along with such contribution.

>STATE COORDINATORS:
>LEADERS may designate one or more "State Coordinators" in each of the
several states for the purpose of furthering its mission.  State
Coordinators shall at no time hold themselves out as "officials
representatives" or "lobbyists" for LEADERS, and prior to receiving such
designation shall sign a "Memorandum of Understanding" concerning the
ethical conduct expected of the title.  All State Coordinators shall
subscribe an oath to support the
>Constitution for the United States of America, and never to advocate the
overthrow thereof, and no state coordinator shall be offered any
compensation from LEADERS on behalf of such activities.