Time: Sun Jul 13 09:15:10 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id JAA06460;
	Sun, 13 Jul 1997 09:13:04 -0700 (MST)
	by usr03.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id JAA18258;
	Sun, 13 Jul 1997 09:12:57 -0700 (MST)
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 09:12:40 -0700
To: liberty-and-justice@pobox.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: What's a "corporation"?

I recommend that you consider a Limited Liability
Company ("LLC").  Years ago, when the Massachusetts
legislature was treating corporations rudely, the
Citizens got together and put through a statutory
authority for LLC's, initially called "Massachusetts
Trusts".  It became model legislation for lots of
other Union states;  check with your state Attorney
General, and/or Secretary of State, for details.
There is a company in Placerville, California state,
which specializes in LLC's domiciled in Nevada state
(just over the hill from Placerville, which is
located in the Sierra Nevada foothills).  On my
way back from New Mexico last year, I needed to stop
half-way home for some sleep, and the roadside inn
had a notice inside the room door displaying "LLC"
prominently next to "Check Out Time".