Time: Mon Jul 14 14:08:53 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id OAA10128;
	Mon, 14 Jul 1997 14:07:23 -0700 (MST)
	by usr03.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id OAA16351;
	Mon, 14 Jul 1997 14:07:14 -0700 (MST)
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 14:06:54 -0700
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: meaning of "individual"

That is correct.  The same problem is
found in the Privacy Act, so, don't
use the Privacy Act ("PA").  Only use the
Freedom of Information Act ("FOIA"), which
is available to federal citizens AND
state Citizens.  Privacy is a fundamental
Right for state Citizens;  the guarantees
of the Constitution extend to the federal zone,
and to the citizens of that zone, ONLY as
Congress makes those guarantees applicable.
See Hooven & Allison v. Evatt (1945).
Here is a perfect example of that doctrine
(aka "The Downes Doctrine").