Time: Mon Jul 14 20:54:01 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id TAA21414;
	Mon, 14 Jul 1997 19:27:49 -0700 (MST)
	by usr04.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id TAA29145;
	Mon, 14 Jul 1997 19:23:31 -0700 (MST)
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 19:23:10 -0700
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: federal term limits (fwd)
Cc: prb@world.std.com

I happen to agree with the Supreme Court ("SC") here.

The Qualifications Clauses are supreme Law,
and they do not condition eligibility, or
loss of eligibility, on any number of prior
years' service in the House or Senate.

Inclusio unius est exclusio alterius.

The principle we are emphasizing here is
that "authority" must be expressed (written) and
enumerated, notwithstanding dicta by Rehnquist
before the University of Arizona Law School
in January of 1997.  For background, read
"The Lawless Rehnquist" in the Supreme Law
Library at the URL just below my name here.

Sincerely yours,