Time: Sat Aug 02 06:28:14 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id GAA26386;
	Sat, 2 Aug 1997 06:24:50 -0700 (MST)
	by usr08.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id GAA02687;
	Sat, 2 Aug 1997 06:22:11 -0700 (MST)
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 1997 06:21:24 -0700
To: whig@pobox.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Kleinpaste v. United States et al.

Please read 5 U.S.C. 552(a)(4)(B).
There is only one court with original
jurisdiction over FOIA litigation,
and that court is the DCUS.  A federal
judge in Arizona also ruled that way
about a year ago.  Karl can argue that
he made a mistake, because of the fraud
which is evident, and now proven, inside
Title 28 in general.  Mistake is an
affirmative defense, particularly if
it was the result of fraud.  On the
strength of the FOIA request, and the
proof of 2 classes of federal courts,
Karl could either transfer the case,
or demand a stay of proceedings, pending
discovery of documents requested under
the FOIA.  We did a similar stay motion
at the 2nd Circuit, and so far it seems
to be working.  Put simply, Karl made a
mistake to invoke the United States District
Court, and his mistake was the result of
fraud, which he will prove in his pleading
to that court.  The proof will involve
simple references to other cases, like
People v. United States et al., where we
briefed this subject as thoroughly as has
ever been done.  You need FOIA as a way to
prove that the DCUS is the court of original
jurisdiction for a state Citizen, under the
"arising under" clause: Article III, Section 2:
constitution, laws, and treaties of the United
States -- these are the three subject matters
which Karl can litigate in the DCUS.

/s/ Paul Mitchell