Time: Thu Sep 18 19:38:39 1997
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 19:34:48 -0700
To: butchaz@juno.com (Alfred R Martin)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in toolbar]
Subject: SLS: alcohol -- white man's poison

I lost my only brother to alcohol, Alfred.
He drove up to the lake where he used to
fish with his only son, parked the car,
and then collapsed into the steering wheel.
The police found him, looking over that spot,
where he used to fish, with his only son,
his liver overcome by cancer.

>You told me not to drink, Mom, so I drank soda instead.
>I really felt proud inside, Mom, the way you said I would.
>I didn't drink and drive, Mom, even though the others said I should.
>I know I did the right thing, Mom, I know you are always right.
>Now the party is finally ending, Mom, as everyone is driving out of
>sight.
>As I got into my car, Mom, I knew I'd get home in one piece.
>Because of the way you raised me, so responsible and sweet.
>I started to drive away, Mom, but as I pulled out into the road,
>  the other car didn't see me, Mom, and hit me like a load.
>As I lay there on the pavement, Mom, I hear the policeman say,
>  the other guy is drunk, Mom, and now I'm the one who will pay.
>I'm Lying here dying, Mom, I wish you'd get here soon.
>How could this happen to me, Mom?  My life just burst like a balloon.
>There is blood all around me, Mom, and most of it is mine.
>I hear the medic say, Mom, I'll die in a short time.
>I just wanted to tell you, Mom, I swear I didn't drink.
>It was the others, Mom, The others didn't think.
>He was probably at the same party as I.
>The only difference is, he drank and I will die.
>Why do people drink, Mom? It can ruin your whole life.
>I'm feeling sharp pains now. Pains just like a knife.
>The guy who hit me is walking, Mom, and I don't think it's fair.
>I'm lying here dying and all he can do is stare.
>Tell my brother not to cry, Mom. Tell Daddy to be brave.
>And when I go to heaven, Mom, put "Daddy's Girl" on my grave.
>someone should have told him, Mom, not to drink and drive.
>If only they has told him, Mom, I would still be alive.
>My breath is getting shorter, Mom, I'm becoming very scared.
>Please don't cry for me, Mom. When I needed you, you were always there.
>I have one last question, Mom, before I say good bye.
>I didn't drink and drive, so why am I the one to die???

Paul Andrew Mitchell, Sui Juris      : Counselor at Law, federal witness
                                     :
email:   [address in toolbar]        : using Eudora Pro 3.0.3 on 586 CPU
website: http://supremelaw.com       : visit the Supreme Law Library now