Time: Fri Sep 19 09:51:50 1997
	by usr05.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id JAA19589;
	Fri, 19 Sep 1997 09:31:30 -0700 (MST)
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 09:31:15 -0700
To: "Peter J. Celano" <petec@iname.com>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: brownies, milk and blood pH  (fwd with comments)

A sufficient quantity of cow's milk shifts
the blood pH into the acidic range, and the
body compensates by dissolving calcium,
usually from essential bone structures.

In the short run, this compensation balances
blood pH by introducing an alkaline.

The long-term result of excessive milk
consumption by adults is osteoporosis --
quite the opposite of what the milk industry
advertises.

It is best to wean adults entirely of milk
and milk by-products, and to substitute
instead large quantities of green leafy
vegetables, such as broccoli and cauliflower.

Plenty of non-diary milk substitutes are also
available, such as those derived from soy,
peanuts, and other legumes.

Adults should also supplement their diets with
calcium and other minerals, readily available
over the counter.