Time: Fri Sep 05 05:25:34 1997
	by usr04.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id DAA21190;
	Fri, 5 Sep 1997 03:51:08 -0700 (MST)
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 03:51:05 -0700
To: harold@halcyon.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: constitutional defenses (fwd)

"Pro Se" in Latin means "For It".
"Se" is a neuter Latin pronoun.

Cicero wrote:
"Quem ad finem sese effrenata iactabit audacia?"
"To what end will your unbridled audacity hurl itself, Cataline?"

A pleading in such a mode is technically
incorrect, because if you refer to yourself
with a neuter Latin pronoun, you are creating
the presumption that you are appearing in
your "fictitious or juristic" person (lower-case
"p"), i.e., you are there exercising your
federal citizen "franchise" or, worse, you are
acceding to their use of a nomme de guerre for
you, which they must use, if they are going to
perfect martial rule against you.

As a Citizen of ONE OF the United States of America,
on the other hand, you appear as a Proper Party,
In Your Proper Person ("In Propria Persona" in Latin).

Nor can you "represent" yourself, because to
"represent" is to "re-present", which is another
way of saying that you are appearing on behalf
of someone else.  Clearly, this is impossible
for you to do on your own behalf:  lex non cogit
impossibilia;  the law does not recognize
impossibilities.  So, it is impossible to
"represent" yourself.  You can only "present"
yourself to a court, you can never "re-present"
yourself to a court, because the latter must
be done by someone who has Power of Attorney
to "re-present" you, on your behalf.  You can
represent others, and other(s) can represent you,
but you cannot represent yourself, nor it is
technically proper to refer to yourself with
neuter Latin pronouns, ever!!  Latin makes the
same distinction between male, female, and neuter,
the latter of which is reserved for all inanimate
things, not People.

copy:  Supreme Law School