Time: Thu Aug 21 04:48:31 1997
	by usr01.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id TAA20559;
	Wed, 20 Aug 1997 19:57:29 -0700 (MST)
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 19:56:04 -0700
To: liberty-and-justice@pobox.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Universal Declaration of Human Rights

The power of these treaties is found
in the explicit reservations which
Congress attached to them.  Because
we have 51 governments here, not one,
Congress expressly reserved to the
"localities" legal standing to compel
U.S. obedience to these treaties,
in the event that the U.S. should fail
to perform its obligations under same.

This means we can sue the federal government
in our county courts, and use the Supremacy
Clause to establish original jurisdiction --
IN THE COUNTY COURTS!!  The paramount purposes
of these treaties was to reinforce the local
constitutions of the states party to the
treaties;  in other words, the treaties
are designed to bolster fundamental Rights.

The freedom movement needs to take a much
closer look at these reservations, because
they are tailor-made to exploit the Tenth
Amendment all across this nation, and to
enforce the treaties in our own backyards,
not in Bosnia, Chile, or Saipan.

copy:  Supreme Law School