Time: Fri Aug 29 09:47:44 1997
	by usr05.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id GAA16244;
	Fri, 29 Aug 1997 06:54:37 -0700 (MST)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 06:53:00 -0700
To: liberty-and-justice@pobox.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Walter Updegrave on ZIP codes

The section of 42 U.S.C. 1981 quoted below
is a codified version of the 1866 Civil Rights Act.

This Act created federal citizenship as a franchise,
much like a McDonald's franchise, which can be
regulated, taxed, and controlled by Congress.

If you want to become hamburger for Janet Rhino,
maintain your status as a federal citizen.

The federal zone is beyond the protections of
the U.S. Constitution.  See Downes v. Bidwell,
and Hooven & Allison v. Evatt, in chief.

See also Gilbertson's OPENING BRIEF in the Supreme Law
Library at the URL just below my name here.

The key which unlocks this whole mess is the Guarantee
Clause:  it is does NOT obligate the United States
to guarantee a Republican Form of Government to itself --
ONLY to the several states, and it has done a poor job
of that too!!

copy:  Supreme Law School