Time: Fri Oct 03 07:22:01 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id HAA11801
	for [address in tool bar]; Fri, 3 Oct 1997 07:05:59 -0700 (MST)
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 1997 07:01:34 -0700
To: Cheryl Miola - HLO <Cheryl.Miola@digital.com>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in toolbar]
Subject: need help to plan 50-100GB RAID on 20 client LAN
Cc: [address in tool bar], Reed Harris <rharris@mail.telis.org>,
        Bud Riggs <puma@caverns.com>,
        Dale Robertson <habeascorpus@hotmail.com>,
        Dean Hines <nwave@ninthw.com>

TO:  Digital Equipment Corporation
     Alpha Systems Marketing Group
     Attention:  Cheryl Miola - HLO

Hello Cheryl,

We are embarking on a long-term project
to design, build, test, and implement a
high-performance LAN with 20 clients (+/-)
accessing a RAID system with 50-100GB
of fast Ultra-DMA hard disk (33MB/sec),
Windows 95/OSR2 operating system.

This system will be installed in the
office of a Congressman who has yet
to be elected, and it will be used as
a prototype for direct constituent
telecommunications.  Other Members of
Congress should be very interested in
the results of this prototype.

I expect that such a hardware plan will
take approximately one year to complete,
after which we will move into phase 2:
implementation.

There would be no money for your company
during this planning period of one year.

Depending on the quality of our developing
relationship, and the demonstrations which
you can perform for us, you would become
the preferred vendor at the end of this
planning period, however.

If this is something which your company
can do, on these or similar terms, please
get back to me with your ideas as soon as
possible.  On-going questions and answers,
back-and-forth, are much preferred to any
formal written proposal.  We prefer the
constant interaction, over a "one-lump"
proposal.

Many thanks, in advance, for all your kindness
to date.

Please acknowledge receipt of this message.

p.s. I _know_ DEC can do this, because you once
built THE most fantastic super minicomputer
the planet had seen, up to that point in time.
I expect more of the same superior design and
engineering from you.

copy:  closest colleagues

Dear Cheryl,

The photos came in terrific shape.

As soon as time and money permit,
we plan to frame them all, and
give them as gifts to our computer
friends.

Thanks again for your kindness!

Please stay in touch, and best of
luck to you with Alpha technology.

p.s. Do you know any foundations,
or granting agencies, which would be
interested in helping an electronic
library project?  See the URL above,
for details.

email:   [address in toolbar]        : using Eudora Pro 3.0.3 on 586 CPU 04
[This text formatted on-screen in Courier 10, non-proportional spacing.] 13