Time: Sat Oct 11 14:04:05 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id NAA20019;
	Sat, 11 Oct 1997 13:56:11 -0700 (MST)
	by usr09.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id NAA22383;
	Sat, 11 Oct 1997 13:55:30 -0700 (MST)
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 13:54:44 -0700
To: snetnews@world.std.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Militias Create Big Hurdle for National ID Plan

I got "branded" militia last year,
but that was before everybody and
their mothers (and fathers) thought
to read the law concerning age eligibility.

I am too old (at 49).

On the question of driver's licenses,
vehicle plates, and/or registration
tags, you must first read the Commerce
Clause:  Congress can regulate commerce
among the several states.  It does NOT
say Congress can regulate commerce among
the inhabitants of the several states.
The Framers certainly knew the difference
between these two constructions.

U.S. v. Lopez, in 1995 has begun to crack
the iceberg case law that has grown up
around the Commerce Clause.  It was about
time this happened.

Now, in California, which is the largest
in population, there is a law in their
Civil Code which says that the ONLY obligation
which is imposed by operation of law, is to
avoid doing damage or injury to others, or
to their property.  All other obligations
derive from the contract of the parties.

ALL OTHER OBLIGATIONS, WITHOUT EXCEPTION!!

This means that driver's licenses, vehicle
plates, and/or registration tags all amount
to contracts which Citizens enter with the
corporate States (not "states").  But, a
Union state cannot license the exercise of
any Rights;  and both traveling and owning
property (like a car or truck) are both
Rights, not privileges.

So, where does this leave Us?

Well, if you have a license/plate/tag, the cops
take the position that you are in a contract
with the State, and the courts take the
position that you are subject to the municipal
laws of that State, just as if you were
wholly employed by that State (the corporate
one, not the de jure state -- small "s").

The B-I-G rub comes from knowing that the
company which manufactured your car/truck,
had to make a Manufacturer's Statement of
Origin ("MSO") along with it.  99.99999%
of all dealers convey this MSO to the
corporate States as part of any new car
or truck sale, and the mountain of paperwork
it generates.

This "conveyance" (of the MSO) to the corporate
State is a fraudulent conveyance, because it is
rarely, if ever, disclosed to the buyer.  Once
the corporate State comes into possession of
this MSO, it becomes a "holder-in-due-course,"
which gives that State a legal "interest" in
the new car/truck.

Once the State becomes a holder-in-due-course of
commercial paper, it has a legal interest in
the new car or truck, and it retains that
legal interest, even if the car/truck is re-sold.
The new buyer(s) are really just "leasing" the
car/truck from the corporate State (although the
term "leasing" is being used very loosely here).

This legal interest must also be insured,
because the "operator" is actually an
agent of the corporate State, and that
State needs to indemnify itself against any
mechanical failures and/or operator errors.

So, the insurance requirement follows from
the State's need to protect itself against
giant law suits, if its licensed operators
should have an accident, intentional or
otherwise.  Your insurance contract is being
paid to indemnify the corporate State, and
also to protect you against loss, theft,
or personal injury (yours or others').

So, if you want to break the original link
between "drivers" (licensed operators) and
"vehicles" (registered cars and trucks),
you must begin with the MSO, and initially
use administrative remedies to locate it,
demand exhibition of it, and also demand
delivery of it to the current owner, or,
in the alternative, to demand an admission
that it has been destroyed and/or the microfiche
is not available or can't/won't be certified.

This will put the corporate State(s) in a real
pickle, because if they ADMIT they have the MSO,
they are admitting to being in possession
of stolen property (read "unlawful conversion").

We use terms like "unlawful conversion" and
"exemplary damages," instead of "theft" and
"punishment," because euphemisms are a favorite
courtroom tactic -- they soften the blow often
dealt by the raw, unadulterated truth.

So, the wise Citizen (BIG "C") will present a
lawful NOTICE AND DEMAND for production of the MSO,
with a grace period beyond which the corporate
State is legally estopped from ever producing it,
due to all the cases which have held that
silence activates estoppel.  Confer at "estoppel,
equitable" in Black's Law Dictionary for the
real scoop, in raw legalese.

Super Duper Law Scooper??  Now, THERE's a product
which will sell a million:  comes in several sizes --
big, bigger, and steam shovel.

The key is to realize that, if the corporate States
insist on treating licenses/plates/tags as
commercial contracts, then they MUST abide by
the rules of equity (read "contract"), not Law,
and not Admiralty.

Equitable estoppel is available in all contract
situations, particularly when one party discovers fraud,
and then sets about to carry his/her burden of
proving that fraud (which is, by law, his/her
actual burden to carry).  The beauty of the
estoppel rule is that the fraud is proven,
if the other party falls silent in the face
of a fraud allegation.  Silence is also a fraud,
where there is a legal or a moral duty to speak,
pursuant to U.S. v. Tweel.  Thus, you can carry
your burden of proving fraud, also by reference
to their solemn Oath of Office;  no oath --
then no authority against a Citizen, whatsoever,
and fraud has been committed from the outset
(ab initio, in Latin).

The fundamental problem that has arisen lately
is that the Oath of Office has never been
held to be a competent waiver of the Right to
remain silent;  therefore, government employees
still retain their fundamental Right to remain
silent in the face of a criminal complaint,
notwithstanding whatever LeRoy Schweitzer and/or
Elizabeth Broderick may have told you (before they
went to jail).  You all remember Mark Fuhrman?
He was a classic, and the most recent, case in point.
He took the Fifth, and it stuck!

None of this has anything to do with militias, however.
Did you hear me even mention "militia" after the
first paragraph above?  Answer:  NO!  But,
Militia Brand Serial is the new "Juden" tag
being exploited by the criminal element in
government, or CEG (to borrow a great phrase coined
by Dr. N.A. Scott, of Oceanside, California).

This Serial has been blamed now for blowing up
the federal building in Oklahoma City, and the
legitimate militia organizations have been
deliberately infiltrated by government agents,
who have persuaded ignorant and naive people,
like Ray Looker, to do dumb things, like accept
$50,000 cash, in return for the blue prints to a
federal building in West Virginia, or to
tender a phony "commercial warrant" to pay
off their home loans, when it is quite common
knowlege that "bad checks" very often end up
in the offices of the FBI, or local police.

So, if you are, in fact, bona fide militia,
under the supreme Law of our Land, then you
are not likely to fare much better than did the
oppressed Jews in World War II Germany (not to
be confused with certain rich Jews who helped
oppress their fellow man in that horrible process).
Nor were Jews the only ones who were oppressed,
or doing the oppression.  Dresden was a Christian
town, and the Allies incinerated it with fire bombs;
if the fire didn't kill you, the lack of oxyden did.

It is simply an old technique, called "guilt by
association," but the irony is that there is no
guilt, and no real association, as such, except
the guilt that comes with the "association" called
the criminal element in government (read "extortion
rackets galore").  Erg, anybody?

That is all, for now.