Time: Mon Oct 13 12:18:24 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id MAA03167;
	Mon, 13 Oct 1997 12:08:23 -0700 (MST)
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 15:07:23 -0400
Originator: heritage-l@gate.net
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
To: pmitch@primenet.com
Subject: SLS: "Gorbachev owns Presidio"

I used to be a computer systems consultant
to the engineering computer center at the Mare
Island Naval Shipyard.  I helped scientists
there do hull compression tests, using
numerical languages to simulate deep-diving
pressures, on various hull designs for nuclear
submarines.  My specialty was Fortran compilers,
virtual operating systems, and 4GL database
languages.

Do you want to know what has happened to
the Mare Island Naval Shipyard?

Answer:  gone!

Gorby does not want such firepower so close
to his perch overlooking the most beautiful
urbanized Bay in the world, and he has the
political clout to make such a change happen.

If you don't believe me, contact the editors
of the Napa Sentinel newspaper, in Napa,
California, right next door to Vallejo
and upper San Francisco Bay, aka the Delta.

You would want our submarines to have safe harbor,
no?

Not in Gorby's world, you don't.