Time: Fri May 10 08:09:14 1996
To: JonLib@aol.com
From: pmitch@primenet.com (Paul Andrew Mitchell)
Subject: Re: Re Files Uncompressed
Bcc:

At 12:58 AM 5/10/96 -0400, JonLib@aol.com wrote:
>Paul Andrew Mitchell,
>     I've formatted these in Word Perfect on IBM formatting, so you should be
>able to read it. I cannot send it to you on-line without compression.
>Compressed files are self-opening, by simply double-clicking on the icon, OR
>using Stuff-it or another decompression utility. You must find a
>decompression utility to open these files on your end pronto.
>-Johnny Liberty

btw, I do not have the MS-Windows version of Word Perfect.
All I have is the older WordPerfect Version 5.1 for DOS (not for
Windows).  Maybe I should get WordPerfect too.  I will do that
as soon as I can afford it, but there are lots of higher priority
demands on my meager resources at present.  please advise.
we have a generic problem here which you will need to solve
for lots of other consumers of NANS articles.  Let me know
what you come up with.  Here are the permutations:

1.   MAC/DOS
2.   word processor
3.   compression program
4.   email software/version
5.   attachment capability (yes/no)
6.   email encoding

We routinely route binary files thru Primenet.  We test aok
by sending email+binary to ourselves.  so, me thinks the
problem is at 2. or 3. above.