Time: Sat Nov 09 20:19:48 1996
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 1996 20:14:17 -0800
To: nwlibertarians@teleport.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: Re: NWLibs> Re: Posse Commitatus

At 05:01 PM 11/9/96 -0800, you wrote:
>At 02:17 PM 11/9/96 -0700, Paul Andrew Mitchell wrote:
>>Dear Carol,
>>
>>I am not very well informed of Posse Comitatus.
>>Your best bet is to broadcast a general request
>>for assistance, which I will help you do by
>>forwarding this message to all of the lists
>>of which I am a member.  Also, do search the
>>Internet, preferably with the Alta Vista search
>>engine, which is unbelievably fast.  If you like
>>the results it provides, don't forget to send
>>a thank-you to Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC)
>>for developing such a sophisticated technology.
>
>Let's _NOT_ thank DEC!  As I recall, DEC is one of those companies who is
>participating in the most recent version of the Clipper ("key-escrow",
>otherwise known as GAK ) plan.  In the most recent reincarnation, government
>will allow a few companies who pledge to develop GAK systems to export
>56-bit-key encryption;  other companies who do not so promise won't.
>
>Jim Bell
>jimbell@pacifier.com

Jim,

Thanks for this update.
So, this is Clipper II, yes?
Maybe it will go the way of
Clipper 1.0 - .954.

[Text is usually formatted in Courier 11 non-proportional spacing @]
[65-characters per line; .DOCs by MS-WORD for MS-DOS, Version 5.0B.]
Paul Andrew Mitchell, B.A., M.S., email address: pmitch@primenet.com
ship to: c/o 2509 N. Campbell, #1776, Tucson, Arizona state [We win]
We can decode all your byte streams, spaghetti code notwithstanding.
Coming soon: "Manifesto for a Republic" by John E. Trumane ie JetMan