Time: Tue Nov 26 16:18:22 1996
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 16:12:19 -0800
To: libertylaw@www.ultimate.org
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: Re: LLAW: RE: Does 13th A Disqualify Lawyers? (fwd)

LIBERTY LAW - CROSS THE BAR & MAKE YOUR PLEA - FIRST VIRTUAL COURT, USA
Presiding JOP: Tom Clark, Constable: Robert Happy, Clerk: Kerry Rushing
At 02:24 PM 11/26/96 +0000, you wrote:
>LIBERTY LAW - CROSS THE BAR & MAKE YOUR PLEA - FIRST VIRTUAL COURT, USA
>Presiding JOP: Tom Clark, Constable: Robert Happy, Clerk: Kerry Rushing
>In re Lyle Charles Iver, Myhr Jr.'s statement that:
>
>> One "person" who can never hold "American" public
>> office is Collin Powell. He is now a Knight of the Crown,
>> as granted from the Queen herself.
>> Who else is a "real" appointed Noble?
>
>----////  Sure he can.  The Constitution only prohibits OUR country
>from bestowing titles of nobility.  Nothing in it prohibits any
>american from holding public office if they have being knighted by
>the Queen of England.

Objection.  This is not permitted
without an Act of Congress.

/s/ Paul Mitchell

 Bob Hope was also knighted.  Although he was
>born in England, he's as "American" as apple pie.
>
>   In my own case, I received a title of nobility as a bona fide Kentucky
>Colonel, an honorary title pronounced on me by the Hon. Governor
>Brereton C. Jones, of the Great State of Kentucky.  (Certificate
>proudly hung on my wall.)  I can think of no higher honor or title
>of nobility for any American than that of being made an honorary KY
>Colonel, except perhaps for the honor and nobility of winning a
>Medal of Honor, Bronze Star, Silver Star or Purple Heart.
>
>    Although at one time being a knight in England entitled you to
>such things as wearing armored underwear and making it with Lady
>Guniverre out behind the castle outhouse, knighthood is now simply
>an honorary title, albeit it still a very high honor.  Still, these "titles
>of nobility" would not prevent either Colonel Jerome or Sir Collin from
>holding any public office we could afford to buy.  In my case, I can't
>afford to buy the office of garbage collector.  I can't even afford
>to to get my wife's teeth fixed.  But that's not what's important here.
>What is important is that we KY Colonels may sometimes be po, as
>I am.  But we is always PROUD!
>
>     Lady Godiva was said to have put everything she had on a horse.
>Collin Powell put everything he had on the honorable service of his
>country--just as many, many thousands of brave and honorable men and
>women have done throughout the long and honored history of this great
>country.
>
>     It's just too bad that Bill chose to run away when duty called.  If he'd
>had Hillery's balls he could have made a good soldier.  Of course you
>still couldn't trust him because he'd still be a congenial liar.  But
>that's apparently only a minor flaw that only seems to make him more
>electable.  {:-]]
>
>pap
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
>Lawyer: One skilled in circumvention of the law.
>                             .... Ambrose Bierce
>                    The Devil's Dictionery, 1906
>     E-Mail:
>        jpapania@asu.campus.mci.net

[Text is usually formatted in Courier 11 non-proportional spacing @]
[65-characters per line; .DOCs by MS-WORD for MS-DOS, Version 5.0B.]
Paul Andrew Mitchell, B.A., M.S., email address: pmitch@primenet.com
ship to: c/o 2509 N. Campbell, #1776, Tucson, Arizona state [We win]
We can decode all your byte streams, spaghetti code notwithstanding.
Coming soon: "Manifesto for a Republic" by John E. Trumane ie JetMan