Time: Thu Nov 28 20:20:40 1996
	id UAA17232; Thu, 28 Nov 1996 20:41:22 -0500 (EST)
	id UAA17224; Thu, 28 Nov 1996 20:41:20 -0500 (EST)
	id AA02860; Thu, 28 Nov 1996 20:41:19 -0500
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 17:40:18 -0800
To: "John Burr" <john.burr@qmail.eonetworks.com>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: all rights reserved

->  SearchNet's   snetnews   Mailing List

John Burr,

There are two good reasons why
you might want to standardize
on "all rights reserved" instead
of citing any sections from the UCC.

For one, the section numbers have
been known to move, whereas the
concepts remain constant.

Two, there is the ever present danger
of judges taking silent judicial
notice of some kind of "jurisdiction
grant".  The way to avoid this is
to avoid "U.C.C. 1-207" completely,
because that very same section states
that "all rights reserved" is sufficient.

Having said this, you will now start
seeing lots of uses of "all rights
reserved", for example, in movie
credits, on copyright pages in books,
and on the opening screens of computer
programs.

It seems that everyone is doing it!

This crowd is definitely worth joining.

Tell your friends!!

/s/ Paul Mitchell

At 02:08 PM 11/27/96 U, you wrote:
>    From this, it seems that non-assumpsit is a "plea".  So, my first
>   reaction to this is that one should "plea" non-assumpsit if he is ever
>   brought to court on an action involving some form of contract that was
>   signed "Without Prejudice UCC 1-207",  to introduce evidence of
>   recission and/or an "affidavit of truth". The thing I like about it most
>   is that assumpsit is defined as a common law proceeding. By
>   entering this plea, one would be setting the court in a common law
>   mode. Then, it would seem, that the court would have to reveal a
>   contractual nexus before it could reset the court and proceed in an
>   administrative\legislative\equity\admiralty\maritime\or any other mode
>
>    Patriotz@aol.com (Ted Pedemonti)
>
>You are correct, Non Assumpsit is indeed a plea at Law.  See American
>Jurisprudence Pleadings and Practice Forms Eirst Edition Revised.
>I also believe that this plea can be used in Equity...Ill have to check this.
>
>Other Pleas to research are Non-Debit; Nul tiel Record; Non es Factum;
>Non-Tort.  The above cite has complete definitons on their definitions and
>use.
>
>John Edward

[Text is usually formatted in Courier 11 non-proportional spacing @]
[65-characters per line; .DOCs by MS-WORD for MS-DOS, Version 5.0B.]
Paul Andrew Mitchell, B.A., M.S., email address: pmitch@primenet.com
ship to: c/o 2509 N. Campbell, #1776, Tucson, Arizona state [We win]
We can decode all your byte streams, spaghetti code notwithstanding.
Coming soon: "Manifesto for a Republic" by John E. Trumane ie JetMan

-> Send "subscribe   snetnews " to majordomo@world.std.com
->  Posted by: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]