Time: Fri Jan 31 02:46:29 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id SAA28949;
	Thu, 30 Jan 1997 18:51:40 -0700 (MST)
	id UAA25520; Thu, 30 Jan 1997 20:35:18 -0500 (EST)
	id UAA25511; Thu, 30 Jan 1997 20:35:16 -0500 (EST)
	id AA20678; Thu, 30 Jan 1997 20:35:15 -0500
	by usr02.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id SAA03563
	for <snetnews@world.std.com>; Thu, 30 Jan 1997 18:35:14 -0700 (MST)
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id SAA01220
	for <snetnews@world.std.com>; Thu, 30 Jan 1997 18:35:08 -0700 (MST)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 22:14:15 -0800
To: snetnews@world.std.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SNET: PROMIS Software Source Code Questions

->  SearchNet's   SNETNEWS   Mailing List

Please keep me in the loop
on this topic, okay?

I used to program systems
in Fortran on a virtual
minicomputer.

I am a little rusty on applications,
however.

Many thanks!

/s/ Paul Mitchell

At 07:24 PM 1/30/97 +0000, you wrote:

>->  SearchNet's   SNETNEWS   Mailing List
>

>Crackpot Comments On PROMIS Progeny
>by lawmk
>Crazy irresponsible statements have been made about the
>PROMIS software permutations used for electronic bank
>transfers.
>Some where out there in netland somebody might be able to answer
>some questions from an advanced programmer's point of view:
>
>1) Has anyone ever analyzed the Alltel banking software to determine
>if there are indeed source code weaknesses which would allow for a
>back door
>
>2) Would somebody publish a DUMMIES into to the electronic funds
>operations typically used by domestic US and international banks
>
>3) How much privacy exists (absent the so called "back door") in
>typical domestic and international funds transfer operations ?
>
>4) Are the source codes for the Promis and derivative software
>truly similiar or is there distiguishable differences ?
>
>5) What sort of program is the White House Data Base ? Is there
>any good descriptions of the WHDB for DUMMIES on the net ?
>What does it have in it ?
>
>There are loads of people on the list who can address these questions
>and should do so. It would provide a most valuable service to
>researchers who are looking into some unusual claims.
>If somebody knows thsat there is a back door in the commonly
>used banking software I'd sure like to hear about it.
>lawmk
>
>-> Send "subscribe   snetnews " to majordomo@world.std.com
>->  Posted by: lawmk@cyber1.cyberhall.com

[Text is usually formatted in Courier 11 non-proportional spacing @]
[65-characters per line; .DOCs by MS-WORD for MS-DOS, Version 5.0B.]
Paul Andrew Mitchell, B.A., M.S., email address: pmitch@primenet.com
Web site for the Supreme Law Firm  is URL: http://www.supremelaw.com
Ship to: c/o 2509 N. Campbell, #1776, Tucson, Arizona state [We win]
We can decode all your byte streams, spaghetti code notwithstanding.
Coming soon: "Manifesto for a Republic" by John E. Trumane ie JetMan

-> Send "subscribe   snetnews " to majordomo@world.std.com
->  Posted by: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]