Time: Fri Feb 07 19:15:12 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id NAA10669;
	Sat, 8 Feb 1997 13:26:21 -0700 (MST)
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 1997 18:54:38 -0800
To: snetnews@world.std.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: 1:8:17 enclaves
Cc: Emmilene@aol.com

Friends,

40 U.S.C. 255 controls here.

Congress must accept the cession,
or the land is not in the federal zone,
even if the state legislature has
ceded it to Congress.

This statute provides the requirements
for proving that the federal government
has accepted exclusive jurisdiction
over the land ceded by the state
legislature.  If this statute has not
been obeyed, then the ceded land is still
not in the federal zone, and the
United States still has no jurisdiction
over it.

Quite simple, really!

>->  SearchNet's   SNETNEWS   Mailing List
>

> Walter,
>
>   I"m not a lawyer by any stretch of the imagination but as I read this
>clause,
>"by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the
>Seat of the Government of the United States "......
>
>I dont know of any other State that has cesseded (sp is wrong I'm sure)  any
>portion
>for the seat of Government.  To assume that the Government could claim the
>whole United States as its seat of government is stretching the imagination..
>

>  "....to exercise like Authority over all Place 'purchased' by the Consent
>of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, *for the Erection
>of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings* ....
>"
>
>  Reads to me like the government has authority over 'needful' buildings.
>As the constitution was written the states had all the powers except what was
>granted to them by the states, all other powers were retained by the states.
>The "laws" we're living under now are unconstitutional.  All the federal laws
>that
>have been legislated and mandated are illegal.
>
>The lawyerly and judicial spin on our constitution is framed so as to make
>one think
>only those so trained in the art of law could possibly understand what its
>all about.
>Thereby under the guise of knowledge they feel free to interprete and twist
>the original meanings with impunity.  But with a spinkle of common sense and
>intelligence even a "commoner" could see the basis of our founding fathers
>intent.
>emmilene
>
>-> Send "subscribe   snetnews " to majordomo@world.std.com
>->  Posted by: Emmilene@aol.com

[Text is usually formatted in Courier 11 non-proportional spacing @]
[65-characters per line; .DOCs by MS-WORD for MS-DOS, Version 5.0B.]
Paul Andrew Mitchell, B.A., M.S., email address: pmitch@primenet.com
Web site for the Supreme Law Firm  is URL: http://www.supremelaw.com
Ship to: c/o 2509 N. Campbell, #1776, Tucson, Arizona state [We win]
We can decode all your byte streams, spaghetti code notwithstanding.
Coming soon: "Manifesto for a Republic" by John E. Trumane ie JetMan