Time: Mon Feb 10 23:13:56 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id XAA07029;
	Mon, 10 Feb 1997 23:11:32 -0700 (MST)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 23:11:47 -0800
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: review of book by Shelley Davis

[This text is formatted in Courier 11, non-proportional spacing.]

        IRS IS MORE SECRET THAN THE CIA AND THE FBI

"An image  of terror  combined  with  secrecy,  and  the  secrecy
compounds that  terror" is  the intentional  tactic used  by  the
Internal Revenue  Service to  ensure  the  collection  of  taxes,
according to  former employee  Shelley Davis  on NET's daily live
political news talk show "Direct Line."

Davis was  hired as  "the  first,  last,  and  only  professional
historian to work for the IRS."  Unable for six years to find the
type of documentation needed to compile an official record of the
agency, and  following  the  inherent  problems  associated  with
blowing the  whistle  with  "the  allegation  of  destruction  of
federal records," Davis left the IRS.

She since authored "Unbridled Power: Inside the Secret Culture of
the IRS."

She told host Paul Weyrich, "The IRS is totally accountable to no
one!     They're  not  accountable  to  Congress!    They're  not
accountable to us.  They really are an organization that operates
with unbridled  power, just as the title of my book says, because
they are cloaked in so much secrecy.

There are  only two  congressional committees that have access to
what the  IRS calls  "taxpayer information"  which is supposed to
include things  such as  your 1040  and my 1040.  But, of course,
the IRS  uses this  as what  I call  their own "strategic defense
initiative."  They sort of cloak themselves with this big cone of
silence.

They say  everything they do is taxpayer information.  They can't
tell anybody  anything!   So  they  operate  totally  unfettered,
unaccountable!  And that's a real scary, scary thought."

Davis shared  a word  of advice as a former IRS employee: overpay
your taxes  and keep good records!  If audited, you just may wind
up with a refund.

Contact: Shelley Davis 703.361.4249

                Synergy HyperMail (c) 1996 Steve Moyer

                             #  #  #

[Text is usually formatted in Courier 11 non-proportional spacing @]
[65-characters per line; .DOCs by MS-WORD for MS-DOS, Version 5.0B.]
Paul Andrew Mitchell, B.A., M.S., email address: pmitch@primenet.com
Web site for the Supreme Law Firm is URL:  http://www.supremelaw.com
Ship to:  c/o 2509 North Campbell Ave., #1776, Tucson, Arizona state
We can decode all your byte streams, spaghetti code notwithstanding.
Coming soon: "Manifesto for a Republic" by John E. Trumane ie JetMan