Time: Wed Feb 26 16:29:15 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id NAA18462;
	Wed, 26 Feb 1997 13:08:12 -0700 (MST)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 16:28:09 -0800
To: john <johnq@qnet.com>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Fundamental Principles
Cc: <tarheel@zekes.com>

Hello John,

I believe one of the great strengths of Tarheel's brief
is the proof it offers that the corporate States
are now operating as United States (federal
government) territories, which are subject
to the municipal jurisdiction of the Congress,
and not to the common law of the de jure Union
states.  For the difference in spelling, confer
at 31 CFR 51.2 and 52.2, where both the de jure
"states" and the de facto "States" are listed,
side-by-side.  It's rather shocking, when you
realize what they are trying to do.

It is so fraudulent, it makes my hair stand on end!

It is clearly a blatant violation of the Guarantee
Clause in the U.S. Constitution (4:4), and also
the Supremacy Clause (6:2), and it forms the basis for
an action against any judge for perjury of oath,
and subornation of perjury.  See 18 U.S.C. 1621
thru 1623, inclusive, the federal criminal codes
governing perjury in violation of an oath.  Please
note, in particular, that Section 1623 has an
extra-territorial application, to wit:

  "(b)  This section is applicable whether the conduct
  occurred within or without the United States."

                              [18 U.S.C. 1623(b)]

There are only a few of these codes which have
extra-territorial application, e.g. 18 U.S.C. 1513
(the federal witness statute).  Confer also at
inclusio unius est exclusio alterius, in Black's
Law Dictionary (any edition).  You are allowed to
infer that the omission of these extra-territorial
qualifiers was intentional.

/s/ Paul Mitchell

p.s.  "CFR" is Code of Federal Regulations,
in case you don't already know.

I have taken the liberty of re-formatting the
brief and appending it to the end of this messsage.
Nice work, Tarheel!

At 11:47 AM 2/26/97 -0800, you wrote:
>I'd like to see it, Tarheel. Reply to johnq@qnet.com
>God Bless,
>johnq
>
>On Thu, 20 Feb 1997, Tarheel wrote:
>
>> This morning my friend was taken before a magistrate
>> judge for proceedings without counsel.  He was told
>> that if he would submit to wearing a jail uniform voluntarily
>> just once he would be released without bail, if he did
>> not he would be required to post $500.00 bond.  Fro the
>> record, he has never submitted to any orders, or worn
>> the demanded uniform.
>>
>> He served the magistrate with the document which was predicated
>> and prepared upon the issues in my post of yesterday under this same
>> subject line, and the Magistrate acknowledged service and promised to
>> reply in writing.   He was returned to his cell, and his own clothes were
>> again taken away, and he again notified the jailor that constituted theft.
>> In less than an hour he was notified that he was being processed for
immediate
>> release  OR without any signatures except to claim his property.
>>
>> If anyone wishes to have a copy of the document as served, reply
>> with a request as to whether you want it as straight e-mail, or as
>> an attachment.  (6 pages).
>>
>> Regards to All
>> Your Servant,
>>
>> Tarheel

James _____________________
Citizen in unlawful Custody
Graham county jail
Graham county, Arizona

                   General Courts of Justice

                     Graham county, Arizona

STATE OF ARIZONA            ) Re: Alleged Citation No. _______
           Plaintiff        )
                            ) VERIFIED CHALLENGE TO JURISDICTION;
           v.               ) NOTICE OF UNLAWFUL CUSTODY;
                            ) NOTICE OF CRUEL AND
                            ) UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT
__________________          )
  Citizen in Custody        )
____________________________)

To:  All  Arizona   Public  Servants,  Judicial,  Executive,  and
     otherwise:

James _________________, (hereafter Demandant) a Lawful Christian
Man, and  hereditary Citizen  of these  united States of America,
here and  now, gives  Notice  of  current  violations  of  strict
limitations upon governments embodied in the organic documents of
this Confederation  of American States known as the United States
of America  which acts  and omissions  are violations  of His own
rights as  one of  "We the  People";   Demandant Claims  His  due
procedural protections;  and Demands all officers of the STATE OF
ARIZONA take  mandatory notice of the facts and averments herein,
and immediately show cause as to how His current imprisonment and
restraint of  Liberty is  by proper  jurisdiction, or that in the
alternative He be released from all restraint and alleged charges
with prejudice against the State.

                      STATUS OF DEMANDANT

The Demandant  is a  fifty-eight year  old Citizen  of the united
States of  America.  He was born in 1939 A.D. of American parents
in the  Minnesota state  Republic, one  of  the  state  Republics
formed pursuant  to the  Northwest Territories  Ordinance, and He
denies any  evidence exists  to indicate  His bona fide intent to
relinquish His  state Citizenship.   Demandant  denies that He is
under  the   disability  of   federal  territorial  residency  or
citizenship.   He is a free and lawful Christian Man of Caucasian
linage.   He denies  that He  has ever  required or  received any
enfranchisement,  emolument,  or  statutory  privilege  from  any
American state,  and if  prima facie evidence of any such licence
should  appear,  He  unconditionally  denies  that  He  has  ever
exercised or  executed any such privileged use.  Demandant denies
that He  is a  member of  any military  force,  organization,  or
militia company,  either active  or inactive,  and further denies
that any state of emergency exists which would warrant federal or
martial law Rules to be applied to Him.

               I. CITATION STATUTES DO NOT APPLY

Demandant gives  notice that  the  citation  of  charges  alleged
against Him  is fatally  defective, as they allege that Demandant
has trespassed  upon federal  territory with  knowledge  of  this
alleged federal ownership of the alleged situs, as well as allege
Demandant's knowledge  of Demandant's  alleged status of a member
of some  indefinite enfranchised  association, firm,  company  or
corporation.   Demandant   refuses and denies these alleged facts
because they are false and fictitious without benefit to him, and
are a breach of the ninth Commandment of God, that is, "You shall
not give  false testimony".   Demandant  denies  that  any  event
alleged against  Him has  occurred  upon  or  within  an  insular
possession of  the United  States, Arizona  or  the  territories.
Demandant denies  His body  is property of Arizona or any federal
territory.

               II. DEFECTS IN THE STATE'S PROCESS

Demandant asserts  that Arizona  and federal  territorial law  is
foreign to  Him, and  denies that He has a complete understanding
and knowledge  of this foreign law, but Demandant claims that the
plain reading  of the  Arizona Revised Statutes under which He is
being detained  and charged  indicate a  complete lack  of lawful
jurisdiction over  Demandant's body  and a  lack  of  territorial
jurisdiction over the land on which the alleged offence occurred.
Demandant gives  notice that  He is  in jail  custody  unlawfully
charged for  the statutory  offence of  misdemeanor third  degree
trespass as  alleged by the arresting officer to have occurred on
the  premises   of  the   Safeway  store  in  Thatcher,  Arizona.
Demandant denies  any knowledge,  notice, belief  or  stipulation
that the  location  of  the  alleged  offence  is  owned  by  the
statutorialy defined  State of  Arizona.  Demandant is being held
unlawfully in  jail  custody,  having  been  summarily  arrested,
without  warrant,  by  a  Thatcher  Police  officer  for  alleged
violation of  ARS 13-1502 while Demandant was on private property
NOT belonging  to or  owned by  the statutorily  defined State of
Arizona, nor  was the  said private  property a federal territory
pursuant to the United States Constitution Art. 1, Sec. 8, Cl. 17
or United  States Constitution  Art. 4, Sec. 3, Cl. 2.  Demandant
denies that the Arizona legislature, or the Arizona Supreme Court
authorize or  allow officers  of Arizona the standing of "Person"
by which  to prosecute  in ARS  cases where property owned by the
state is NOT the subject of a crime.  See the prima facie Arizona
and federal  law below.   Demandant  denies He has any beneficial
connection to the State of Arizona for any business or commercial
purpose whatsoever,  further He  denies  he  has  any  valid  and
properly executed  voter registration,  Public  Utility  service,
property tax account, or any commercial licence within the United
States, Arizona,  or the  territories, and further denies that He
is a  member of  any association  whatsoever which is subject the
ARS or federal law.

ARS Title 1
ARTICLE 2
GENERAL RULES OF STATUTORY CONSTRUCTION

1-211. Rules of construction and definitions.

A.  The rules and the definitions set forth in this chapter shall
be observed  in the  construction of the laws of the state unless
such construction  would be inconsistent with the manifest intent
of the legislature.

Legislative Intent.

The cardinal rule in statutory interpretation is to determine the
intent of  the legislative  body.  Arizona Lotus Corp. v. City of
Phoenix, 136 Ariz. 22, 663 P.2d 1013 (Ct. App. 1983).

1-213. Words and phrases.

Words and  phrases shall be construed according to the common and
approved use  of the  language.   Technical words and phrases and
those which  have acquired  a peculiar and appropriate meaning in
the law  shall  be  construed  according  to  such  peculiar  and
appropriate meaning.

1-215. Definitions.

In the  statutes and  laws  of  the  state,  unless  the  context
otherwise requires:

24. "Person"  includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm,
association or  society, as  well as  a natural person.  When the
word "person"  is used  to designate the party whose property may
be the subject of a criminal or public offense, the term includes
the United  States,  this  state,  or  any  territory,  state  or
country, or  any political  subdivision of  this state  which may
lawfully own any property, or a public or private corporation, or
partnership or  association.   When the  word "person" is used to
designate the  violator or  offender  of  any  law,  it  includes
corporation, partnership or any association of persons.

32. "State"  as applied  to the  different parts  of  the  United
States, includes  the District  of Columbia,  this state  and the
territories.

34. "United  States" includes  the District  of Columbia  and the
territories.

"Person."

The legislature  unambiguously included  the state  as a "person"
within certain  limited situations in the general definition: the
state is  a "person" only when its property may be the subject of
a criminal  or public  offense.   State ex  rel. Dep't  of Health
Servs. v. Cochise County, 166 Ariz. 75, 800 P.2d 578 (1990).

13-1502. Criminal trespass in the third degree; classification.

A.  A person commits criminal trespass in the third degree by:

1.  Knowingly  entering  or  remaining  unlawfully  on  any  real
property after  a reasonable request to leave by the owner or any
other  person  having  lawful  control  over  such  property,  or
reasonable notice prohibiting entry.

     (Bold emphasis added to the foregoing)

    III.   UNITED STATES TERRITORIAL JURISDICTION DOES NOT APPLY

     "The term  "United States",  as used  in this  title,  in  a
     territorial  sense,   includes  all   places   and   waters,
     continental or  insular, subject  to the jurisdiction of the
     United States, except the Canal Zone."  18 U.S.C. Sec. 5

No actions  concerning this  cause have  occurred on  or near the
District of  Columbia, any  territory or possession of the United
States, or any insular possession.

     "The term  `special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of
     the United States', as used in this title [18 U.S.C. Secs. 1
     et seq.], includes:

     (1) The high seas, any other waters within the admiralty and
     maritime jurisdiction  of the  United States  and out of the
     jurisdiction  of   any  particular  State,  and  any  vessel
     belonging in  whole or  in part  to the United States or any
     citizen  thereof,  or  to  any  corporation  created  by  or
     possession thereof, when such vessel is within the admiralty
     and maritime  jurisdiction of  the United  States and out of
     the jurisdiction of any particular State.

     (2) Any  vessel registered,  licensed, or enrolled under the
     laws of  the United  States, and  being on a voyage upon the
     waters of  any of  the Great  Lakes, or  any of  the  waters
     connecting them,  or upon the Saint Lawrence River where the
     same constitutes the International Boundary Line.

     (3) Any lands reserved or acquired for the use of the United
     States, and  under the  exclusive or concurrent jurisdiction
     thereof, or any place purchased or otherwise acquired by the
     United States  in which  the same shall be, for the erection
     of a  fort, magazine,  arsenal, dockyard,  or other  needful
     building.

     (4) Any  island, rock,  or key containing deposits of guano,
     which may, at the discretion of the President, be considered
     as appertaining to the United States.

     (5) Any aircraft belonging in whole or in part to the United
     States, or  any  citizen  thereof,  or  to  any  corporation
     created by  or under  the laws  of the United States, or any
     State, Territory,  district, or  possession  thereof,  while
     such aircraft  is in  flight over the high seas, or over any
     other waters  within the admiralty and maritime jurisdiction
     of the  United States  and out  of the  jurisdiction of  any
     particular State." 18 U.S.C. Sec. 7.

None of  the events  concerning this  cause occurred  within  the
"special maritime  and territorial  jurisdiction  of  the  United
States." None of the events concerning this cause occurred on the
high seas  or any  other waters,  nor on  an island, rock, or key
containing deposits  of guano. None of the events concerning this
cause occurred  upon an  aircraft in  flight, nor  a vessel  on a
water. None  of the  events concerning this cause occurred on any
land reserved or acquired for the use of the United States.

     "United States.-  The term  `United States'  when used  in a
     geographical sense includes only the States and the District
     of Columbia."  26 U.S.C. Sec. 7701(a)(9).

     "The Act...is  not a constitutional law, except so far as it
     operates within the United States, but without the limits of
     any State."  U.S. v DeWitt, 76 US 593.

     "The laws  of Congress  in respect  to those  matters do not
     extend into  the territorial  limits of the states, but have
     force only  in the  District of  Columbia, and  other places
     that are  within the  exclusive jurisdiction of the national
     government."  Caha v U.S., 152 US 211.

                 IV. DEMANDANT NOT IN COMMERCE

The Demandant  is not a "person" in any way involved in commerce,
or to whom the US Constitution, Article 1, Sec. 8, Cl.3 applies:

     "The Congress  shall have  power to  lay and  collect taxes,
     duties, imposts and excises...

     3. To  regulate COMMERCE with foreign nations, and among the
     several States, and with the Indian tribes."

The defendant is not in violation of any Act of Congress:

     "No Citizen shall be imprisoned or otherwise detained by the
     United States  except pursuant  to an  Act of  Congress." 18
     U.S.C. Sec. 4001(a).

           V. COERCION AND CRUEL PUNISHMENT INFLICTED

Notice is  hereby given that during His detention and restriction
of liberty  in the  Graham county  jail, coercion  and cruel  and
unusual punishments  have been  inflicted upon Demandant in order
to force  him to  acquiesce to  the jurisdiction  being  asserted
wrongfully over  him.   These punishments  include  but  are  not
limited to  confinement for  more  than  three  consecutive  days
without access to facilities for bodily elimination, constituting
a danger to Demandant's bodily functions, and denial of access to
counsel of  His choice  prior to  and  during  administrative  or
judicial hearings.

                   VI. COURT OUGHT TO DISMISS

When a  court has no jurisdiction of a cause of action, and where
a court  cannot proceed  to try a cause of action, such court, on
its own  motion, should  dismiss  the  cause,  and/or  quash  the
indictment.

Notice is  given that  it is  a Maxim  of American  Law  that  no
governments are  authorized to  impede or violate the fundamental
Rights of  the  People,  nor  to  obstruct  Justice,  and  public
servants who  do  so  under  color  of  office  are  without  the
authorization  and  protection  of  lawful  government,  and  are
therefore liable  in their private capacities for the wrongs they
do.   Officers who have knowledge of these wrongs and who fail to
correct or  prevent  these  wrongful  acts  are  accessories  and
accomplices likewise liable, further;

It is another maxim of American Law that any judge or justice who
becomes aware  of facts  which  indicate  unlawful  restraint  of
liberty, and  then fails  to institute  process in  the nature of
Habeas Corpus on his own initiative, is thereby in default of his
judicial duties and oath of office.

I, the below signed Demandant, reserve all rights and remedies of
every nature  whatsoever,  and  without  any  waiver  whatsoever.
Further Demandant affirms and asserts this Notice to be the whole
and complete Truth.

I hereby  certify and  affirm, calling  God the Father to witness
and judge  the Truth  of every element of this document, and upon
my own  competent knowlege  and sincere belief  hereupon stand to
Serve the Truth, and Justice, so help me God.

Dated: ______________________ Anno Domini

Respectfully submitted,

Demandant, Citizen in unlawful custody

                             #  #  #