Time: Thu Mar 06 15:40:57 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id MAA28688
	for [address in tool bar]; Thu, 6 Mar 1997 12:00:38 -0700 (MST)
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 1997 13:42:51 -0800
To: "Virginia Cropsey" <Ginny@springfield.fe.com>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: L&J: Burnett v. Commissioner
Cc: <liberty-and-justice@pobox.com>

Dear Ginny,

The original message which I received
concerning Burnett v. Commissioner was
forwarded from a colleague, who received it
originally from someone who made the
serious mistake of quoting the Plaintiff's
petition as the decision of the court.
When this fact started to surface, I went
to the trouble of purchasing a certified
copy of the entire docket file from the
Clerk of Court ($78.00).  We are selling
bound copies for $25 ($12 for copying and
binding, $3 for priority mail, and $10 for
our handling fees).

I was at fault for taking the original message
on faith, so I am to blame for broadcasting
it without first checking it out.  From now
on, I will not do so without first confirming
something so important.  On this very same
issue, we do have Rep. Barbara Kennelly's
letter concerning the meaning of "State"
in the Internal Revenue Code;  she relied on
expert legal advice from the Legislative Counsel,
and also the Congressional Research Service,
to write her letter.  Unfortunately, her letter
is not quite the same as a court holding.  See
"Congresswoman Suspected of Income Tax Evasion"
in the Supreme Law Library at URL:

  http://www.supremelaw.com

for more background details on the Kennelly
letter.

I do apologize to everyone here if I caused any
convenience.  That will surely be the last time
I broadcast something of that importance,
without first obtaining confirmation from
the court.  Given the huge volume of inbound
email which I am now receiving, it is just
impossible to track down everything.  That
is at once a strength, and a major weakness,
of the Internet.  C'est la vie!

I still maintain that the Internal Revenue Code
is dead, for many reasons like Kennelly's letter.
Fortunately, we don't need to rely upon Burnett
v. Commissioner to start the funeral, because
there is so much proof now circulating, which
CAN be confirmed.

I hope this helps.  Please feel free to forward
this letter to anyone who may be interested in
this critical issue.

In closing, I want you to know that we have
filed our Notice of Intent to Petition for
Leave to Institute Quo Warranto Proceedings
against the "IRS".  This would be their last
chance to prove their "authority," if any.

We know the answer already.  :)