Time: Sat Mar 08 04:52:28 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id TAA06013
	for [address in tool bar]; Fri, 7 Mar 1997 19:44:42 -0700 (MST)
	id 0w3BSD-0001Qp-00; Fri, 7 Mar 1997 19:01:45 -0700
	by usr03.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id SAA29120;
	Fri, 7 Mar 1997 18:59:41 -0700 (MST)
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id SAA07199;
	Fri, 7 Mar 1997 18:57:21 -0700 (MST)
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 1997 19:30:29 -0800
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Notice of Default by USPS

[This text is formatted in Courier 11, non-proportional spacing.]

                                      c/o 2509 N. Campbell, #1776
                                         Tucson [zip code exempt]
                                                 ARIZONA REPUBLIC

                                                    March 7, 1997

                        NOTICE OF DEFAULT

Henry J. Bauman
Independent Counsel
Office of the Chief Postal Inspector
United States Postal Inspection Service
475 L'Enfant Plaza, S.W., Room 3417
Washington, D.C.

Re:  Criminal Conspiracy by United States
     District Judge John M. Roll

Dear Mr. Bauman:

Thank you  very much  for your  letter dated  February 25,  1997,
concerning the  criminal conspiracy to obstruct correspondence by
U.S. District Judge John M. Roll, by all his co-conspirators, and
by all his accessories.

Although your  letter did  not  arrive  until  after  the  stated
deadline of  5:00 p.m.  on Monday,  March 3,  1997, it  was dated
prior to  that deadline  and, for  this reason,  I will waive the
deadline and treat your latest letter as the official response of
the USPS to My NOTICE AND DEMAND dated February 11, 1997.

As expected,  you have  not  produced  certified  copies  of  any
constitutional  provisions,   statutes,  or   regulations   which
specifically authorize  United States District Judges to obstruct
registered, certified, and first class U.S. Mail, when restricted
delivery and  return receipt  services have  been requested,  and
when said  mail was  directed specifically to the foreperson of a
federal grand  jury convened  under auspices  of a  United States
District Court.  You are now in default in this regard.

You did,  however, make a point of citing Title 18, United States
Code, Section  1504, influencing  juror by  writing.  You did not
explain why  it was  that you  were citing  this statute.   I  am
presently unaware  that there  is any  probable cause  to  charge
either  John   M.  Roll,   or  any  of  his  accessories  or  co-
conspirators, with  violating this  particular criminal  statute.
Section 1504  certainly does  not constitute  any authority for a
federal  judge  to  obstruct  correspondence,  obstruct  justice,
tamper with  a jury,  or conspire  with others  to commit  any of
these crimes.  See 18 U.S.C. 1504, second paragraph.

You go  on to  cite Poster  296 as stating that the USPS offers a
reward for  information and  services "LEADING  TO THE ARREST AND
CONVICTION of  any person  for crimes  specified on  the poster."
Furthermore, you allege that I do not qualify to make a claim for
any reward  in this  matter, as  there have  been no  arrests  or
convictions as a result of the information I provided.

Mr. Bauman, you did not read far enough on Poster 296!

       Notice of Default to Henry J. Bauman:  Page 1 of 5

Evidently, you  were quoting from the section of Poster 296 which
is entitled  "RELATED OFFENSES"  [sic].   If you will kindly read
the next  section, which  is entitled  "GENERAL PROVISIONS",  you
will find the following five (5) points there, to wit:

1.   The  Postal   Inspection  Service   investigates  the  above
     described crimes.   Information  concerning the  violations,
     requests for  applications for  rewards, and  written claims
     for rewards  should  be  furnished  to  the  nearest  Postal
     Inspector.   The written  claim for  reward payment  must be
     submitted within  six months  from the date of conviction of
     the offender,  or the  date of formally deferred prosecution
     or the date of the offender's death, if killed in committing
     a crime  or resisting  lawful arrest  for one  of the  above
     offenses.

2.   The amount  of any  reward will be based on the significance
     of services  rendered, character  of the offender, risks and
     hazards  involved,   time  spent,   and  expenses  incurred.
     Amounts of rewards shown above are the maximum amounts which
     will be paid.

3.   The term  "custodian" as  used herein  includes  any  person
     having lawful  charge,  control,  or  custody  of  any  mail
     matter, or  any money or other property of the United States
     under the control and jurisdiction of the USPS.

4.   The USPS  reserves the  right to  reject a  claim for reward
     where there  has been  collusion, criminal  involvement,  or
     improper methods  have been  used to  effect an arrest or to
     secure a  conviction.   It has  the right  to allow only one
     reward when  several persons  were  convicted  of  the  same
     offense, or one person was convicted of several of the above
     offenses.

5.   Other rewards  not specifically  referred to  in this notice
     may be  offered upon  approval of the Chief Postal Inspector
     (39 USC 404(a)(8)).
                                                 [emphasis added]

I draw your attention specifically to the following sentence from
point 1 above:

     The written  claim for  reward  payment  must  be  submitted
     within six  months  from  the  date  of  conviction  of  the
     offender, or the date of formally deferred prosecution ....

As  I  have  already  stated  in  several  different  letters  to
employees of  the USPS,  I regard  the September  19 letter  from
Thomas H.  Basham,  Supervisory  Senior  Resident  Agent  of  the
Federal Bureau  of Investigation  (Phoenix), to  be the  date  of
formally deferred prosecution.  My letter dated January 21, 1997,
to James  A. Crawford,  Postal Inspector (Tucson), explained that
the FBI's  decision to  shelve the  evidence which  I supplied to
them can,  and should,  be considered  as the  date  of  formally
deferred prosecution.   This latter date falls within the six (6)
month deadline after the date of formally deferred prosecution.

       Notice of Default to Henry J. Bauman:  Page 2 of 5

Moreover, I  have assembled  and transmitted  to the  FBI, to the
Ninth Circuit  Court of  Appeals, and  to your  offices, evidence
identifying accessories  to  the  criminal  conspiracy,  evidence
identifying persons  having unlawful possession of mail and other
property secured  through said  conspiracy, and  evidence of  the
conspiracy itself.  See RELATED OFFENSES in Poster 296.  I hereby
express  My  intent  to  claim  reward(s)  for  the  services  of
assembling  and   transmitting  all   of  this  evidence  to  the
government offices mentioned.  I have received no rewards to date
in this matter.

In conclusion,  please expedite the delivery to Me of an official
USPS application for rewards, and please accept this letter as My
second notice  of intent  to present  a written  claim for reward
payment.   Poster 296  directs Me  to write to the nearest Postal
Inspector to  file these  claims, so  I am sending a copy of this
letter to  James A.  Crawford in  the Tucson  office of  the U.S.
Postal Inspection Service, and all others listed below.

I also  hereby reserve My Right to prosecute John M. Roll and all
of  his  accessories  and  co-conspirators  for  all  the  crimes
previously mentioned,  and to  hold them  all liable  for actual,
consequential, and  exemplary damages  to Me, and to the New Life
Health Center  Company ("New  Life"), of which I am presently the
Vice  President  for  Legal  Affairs,  pursuant  to  a  Trustee's
appointment  to   said  office.     For  your  information,  that
appointment was  officially recognized  by United States District
Judge John  M. Roll  at the  second hearing  in the matter of the
grand jury subpoena served upon New Life and, for this reason, My
pleadings were  officially filed  in that  case and  I  was  also
permitted to  address the  court in  My capacity as an officer of
New Life.  Please be advised that you may be called as a material
witness in  the litigation  which will  be  forthcoming  in  this
matter.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Sincerely yours,

/s/ Paul Andrew, Mitchell, B.A., M.S.

Citizen of Arizona state, federal witness,
Vice President for Legal Affairs,
New Life Health Center Company
All Rights Reserved Without Prejudice

copies:   USPS Board of Governors, Washington, D.C.
          James A. Crawford, Postal Inspector, USPS, Tucson
          Chief Postal Inspector, USPS, Washington, D.C.
          Sharon H. Turner, Supervisor, USPS, Tucson
          Postmaster, USPS, point of origin
          I. M. Moriarty, USPS, Washington, D.C.
          Cathy Catterson, Clerk of Court, Ninth Circuit
          Chief Judge Broomfield, USDC, District of Arizona
          service list attached infra

       Notice of Default to Henry J. Bauman:  Page 3 of 5

                        PROOF OF SERVICE

I, Paul  Andrew, Mitchell,  B.A.,  M.S.,  hereby  certify,  under

penalty of  perjury, under  the laws  of  the  United  States  of

America, without the "United States", that I am at least 18 years

of age  and a Citizen of one of the United States of America, and

that I personally served the following document(s):

         Letter from Paul Mitchell, dated March 7, 1997,
          to Henry J. Bauman, Independent Counsel, USPS

by placing  said document(s)  with exhibits in first class United

States Mail,  with postage  prepaid and properly addressed to the

following individuals:

ROBERT L. MISKELL [sic]            John M. Roll [sic]
Acapulco Building, Suite 8310      U.S. District Court
110 South Church Avenue            55 E. Broadway
Tucson, Arizona state              Tucson, Arizona state

JANET NAPOLITANO [sic]             Clerk of Court
Acapulco Building, Suite 8310      United States District Court
110 South Church Avenue            55 E. Broadway
Tucson, Arizona state              Tucson, Arizona state

Grand Jury Foreperson              Postmaster
In re: New Life Health Center Co.  U.S. Post Office
55 E. Broadway                     Downtown Station
Tucson, Arizona state              Tucson, Arizona state

Judge Alex Kozinski (supervising)  Evangelina Cardenas [sic]
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals     "Internal Revenue Service"
125 S. Grand Avenue, Suite 200     300 West Congress
Pasadena, California state         Tucson, Arizona state

Attorney General                   Solicitor General
Department of Justice              Department of Justice
10th and Constitution, N.W.        10th and Constitution, N.W.
Washington, D.C.                   Washington, D.C.

Thomas H. Basham, Agent            Eugene A. Burns
Federal Bureau of Investigation    New Life Health Center Company
201 East Indianola                 4500 East Speedway, Suite 27
Phoenix, Arizona state             Tucson, Arizona state

Chief Judge                        Chief Judge Broomfield
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals     United States District Court
c/o P.O. Box 193939                55 E. Broadway
San Francisco, California state    Tucson, Arizona state

       Notice of Default to Henry J. Bauman:  Page 4 of 5

Executed on March 7, 1997:

/s/ Paul Mitchell
Paul Andrew, Mitchell, B.A., M.S.
Citizen of Arizona state, federal witness,
Counselor at Law, and Vice President for Legal Affairs,
New Life Health Center Company, Tucson, Arizona state
all rights reserved without prejudice

       Notice of Default to Henry J. Bauman:  Page 5 of 5

                             #  #  #