Time: Tue Mar 25 21:47:56 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id QAA27921;
	Tue, 25 Mar 1997 16:30:14 -0700 (MST)
	by usr10.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id QAA07251;
	Tue, 25 Mar 1997 16:18:23 -0700 (MST)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 20:09:42 -0800
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: Red China's Foothold in Panama

I would be very interested to hear knowledgeable
military retirees elaborate on the national
security implications of losing control of
the Panama Canal.  It occurs to me that the
North & South American fleets are effectively
cut in two, by such a change in ownership.

Am I missing the point here, or not?

What do OAS delegates think about all of this?

George Washington's Vision seems to be coming
true, right before my very own eyes!

I pray that God will help us through the
war that surely will come to pass, if Red China
succeeds in securing Long Beach, Panama,
and who-knows-what-else on the eastern seaboard.
Doesn't it appear to form a pincer action?
Are they developing "trade" with Canada too?

Perhaps Bill Clinton is negotiating right now
to purchase a new coat of paint for the
White House.  It won't be a White House for
very long, I am afraid.  Maybe he will be able
to locate a paint which matches the color of
the blood on his hands.

The Mississippi Valley is barely large enough
to bury the huge number of casualties that will
occur, in the event of an armed conflict with
Red Chinese troops, attacking from all four
winds.  The Lord Most High is softening that
very ground right now, with heavy spring runoff.

"Four score and seven years ago ...

... that government of the People,
by the People, and for the People,
shall not perish from this earth."

>->  SearchNet's   SNETNEWS   Mailing List
>
>From:  KWHite9472@aol.com
>3/25/97        5:10 p.m. EST
>
>Following is a new article by Capt. G. Russell Evans, USCG (Ret.), leading
>American authority on the Panama Canal treaties.  Circulate widely.
>                  Kenneth White
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>G. Russell Evans							March 21, 1997
>5010 Gosnold Ave.
>Norfolk, VA 23508							Approximately
>TEL:  757/622-5583							600 words
>
>RED  CHINA  COULD  GET  FOOTHOLD  AT  THE  PANAMA  CANAL
>by G. Russell Evans
>Captain USCG (Ret.)
>
>	A shocking new law, recently passed by Panama's Legislative Assembly, could
>give the Red Chinese a foothold at the Panama Canal after the Americans
>surrender the Canal and all bases and move out by Dec. 31, 1999.  Law No. 5
>right now gives Hutchinson Wampoa of Hong Kong far-reaching "rights" over
>some of the strategic facilities and other operational matters affecting the
>Canal and the United States.
>
>	Looming over all this is the imminent transfer of Hong Kong to Communist
Chin