Time: Wed Mar 26 12:39:54 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id XAA15906;
	Wed, 26 Mar 1997 23:15:55 -0700 (MST)
	by usr04.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id XAA15894;
	Wed, 26 Mar 1997 23:15:14 -0700 (MST)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 12:34:41 -0800
To: fwolist@sportsmen.net
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Is it voluntary?

"Let me point this out now:  Your income tax
is 100 percent voluntary tax, and your liquor
tax is 100 percent enforced tax.  Now, the
situation is as different as day and night."

           [Internal Revenue Investigation]
           [Hearings before a Subcommittee of the]
           [Committee on Ways and Means]
           [February 3 thru March 13, 1953]

The man making this statement was Dwight E. Avis,
head of the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax Division
of the Bureau of Internal Revenue.

This is quoted at the beginning of Chapter 8 in
"The Federal Zone."  Chapter 8 is entitled
"Is it Voluntary?"