Time: Wed Apr 02 06:18:40 1997
	Wed, 2 Apr 1997 06:04:00 -0700 (MST)
	Wed, 2 Apr 1997 06:03:53 -0700 (MST)
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 1997 06:11:37 -0800
To: conchr-l@xc.org
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: CONCHR Pay/File

know the tax laws which you are
administering on behalf of clients
(and taking their money for doing
so, I presume).

The existence or non-existence
of IRC code sections which impose
a liability for the federal income
tax is crucial, imho.  You stated that
they (IRS) have the statutory authority,
now you refuse to show us those very
same statutes.  You have contradicted
yourself, whether you know it or not.

Let me assist, if I may.  The ONLY
code sections which impose a liability
for the federal income tax are those
which are imposed upon withholding
agents;  see the definition of
"withholding agent" at IRC 7701(a)(16).

This PROVES that the whole scheme is
voluntary, because one cannot become
a withholding agent until, and unless,
one has been authorized to do so, by
means of a valid Employee's Withholding
Allowance Certificate.  No certificate,
no authority to withhold.  The authority
to withhold derives from the consent of
the employee, and no other.

For a thorough discussion of the voluntary
nature of federal income taxes, see
Chapter 8 in "The Federal Zone: Cracking
the Code of Internal Revenue."  A good
beginner's book on the fraud is "Tax Scam"
by Alan Stang, a brilliant author with
deep insights, wonderful humor, and brains
that won't quit.  "The Federal Zone" is not
really for beginners, because it has some
big words in it (like "territorial
heterogeneity").