Time: Mon Apr 07 05:27:31 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id DAA20793
	for [address in tool bar]; Mon, 7 Apr 1997 03:45:15 -0700 (MST)
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 06:25:49 -0400 (EDT)
To: GovtAware-L@Citadel.Net
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: GovtAware:  BART

BART was designed to have an ultra-modern
computer control system.  But, it took so
long to build, the tracks which had been laid
rusted, and the metal wheels could not be
detected by its ultra-modern real-time
command and control system.  So, they had
to abandon that system, and revert back to
the system which has worked in Europe for
over 100 years.  BART management are still
debating how to re-invent those train wheels.
"There has to be a better way!" they were
heard to say at a recent smoke-filled board
meeting (in the banquet room of the Bankamerica
building in downtown Oakland, California.)
"We have an overpopulation problem in downtown
San Francisco now;  there are too many jobs
there, and not enough cars!"