Time: Mon Apr 07 07:28:33 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id FAA18451;
	Mon, 7 Apr 1997 05:49:48 -0700 (MST)
	id IAA14648; Mon, 7 Apr 1997 08:39:04 -0400 (EDT)
	id IAA14633; Mon, 7 Apr 1997 08:39:02 -0400 (EDT)
	id AA24254; Mon, 7 Apr 1997 08:39:01 -0400
	by usr04.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id FAA03556
	for <snetnews@world.std.com>; Mon, 7 Apr 1997 05:38:58 -0700 (MST)
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 1997 07:07:16 -0700
To: snetnews@world.std.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SNET: Missing AF Jet

->  SearchNet's   SNETNEWS   Mailing List

       WHERE TO CALL

If you have any information about the
missing A-10 Thunderbolt II jet,
please contact the USAF hot line
at (520) 228-6350.

[The Arizona Daily Star, Final Edition,
 Sunday, April 6, 1997, front page]

   Colorado is focus of search for A-10
      Radar lost plane near Telluride

"The Federal Aviation Administration may have
picked up radar sightings south of Denver, Colorado,
from a jet missing since Wednesday from Davis-Monthan
Air Force Base in Tucson.

"The news prompted the Air Force to expand search
efforts into Colorado for the A-10 Thunderbolt II
and its pilot, Captain Craig David Button, 33,
officials said yesterday.

"FAA raw radar data revealed sightings of an aircraft
along the same projected path and traveling about
the same speed as the $8.8 million A-10,
near Telluride, Colorado.

"The sightings occurred about 1 p.m. Wednesday --
roughly an hour after the plane was last spotted
near the Barry M. Goldwater Air Force Range
near Gila Bend, said Col. Barry Barksdale,
Davis-Monthan's 355th Fighter Wing commander.

"Button was training to use the plane, which was
atttached to the wing's 357th Fighter Squadron.

"Investigators are not certain the radio signals
came from the plane, he said.

"Button's plane, which was loaded with four bombs,
was last seen at 11:58 a.m.  Wednesday on a three-plane
training mission.  The mission included Button, an
instructor and another student pilot.

"At 11:59, the instructor radioed both students,
but Button didn't answer, Barksdale said.

"At that point, the instructor maneuvered around to look
for Button's plane, but could not find it, said 2nd
Lt. Mark Martin, Air Force spokesman."

We are just now putting the finishing
touches on NONSIAMOSOLI, but we must
contact the publisher about terms of
distribution.  After reading this,
I now have NO trouble believing that
this jet never landed (or crashed).
It's front-page news, several days running,
here in Tucson, Arizona.  Home base was
Davis-Monthan AFB.

Please stand by.

/s/ Paul Mitchell

p.s. "NONSIAMOSOLI" means "We are not alone"
in Italian.  If you want immediate data
on this group, browse using Alta Vista for
"Giorgio Bongiovanni" [sic].