Time: Tue Apr 15 04:26:49 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id UAA13781;
	Mon, 14 Apr 1997 20:03:40 -0700 (MST)
	by usr08.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id UAA12790;
	Mon, 14 Apr 1997 20:03:02 -0700 (MST)
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 04:22:50 -0700
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: U.S. Citizens? -or- U.S. citizens?

At 07:42 PM 4/14/97 -0700, you wrote:
>please send me a copy of Dyett v Turner 439 P.2d 266,270

See previous message, already sent.

>What is happening with the Boxer case?

Mexican standoff.  California Appeals Court
denied the Petition for Mandamus, but Boxer
fell totally and completely silent, invoking
estoppel by acquiescence.  That's where it
will sit, for all time.

>I have heard there is a paper battle going on with the government,  for
example they are swamped with FOIA requests, etc and I never hear anything
about it.

They are saying they are swamped with FOIA requests.
That may be so, but they also have some very good
motives for neglecting to answer some of the more
serious ones, like the regulations for 18 U.S.C. 3231,
the grant of original jurisdiction to prosecute
criminal violations of Title 18 (the federal criminal
code).  There are no such regulations, which invokes
the application of 44 U.S.C. 1505(a) (applies to
federal officers, employees, and contracts agents ONLY).
18 U.S.C. 3231 does not mention the USDC either,
only the DCUS!!  [very significant finding, this]

> Has anything significant happened?

Yes, in People v. United States et al., the federal
judge attempted to remand the case back to the
state court whence it originated, but that would
mean that the FOIA request (for the credentials of
all 633 federal agents who rotated in and out of
the Freeman Standoff in Jordan, Montana) would not
ever get litigated, forcing a clear deprivation of
due process of law, and also a violation of the
FOIA itself.  We just filed a very polite, and
nearly perfect, MOTION FOR RECONSIDERATION, with
a MEMORANDUM OF LAW IN SUPPORT of that Motion,
with an additional challenge to the constitutionality
of one of the removal statutes for being too broad.
(I L-O-V-E to attack Acts of Congress for being
unconstitutional, in case you haven't noticed :)
This should make them stand up and listen.  We already
know they are, but they are refusing to admit it.
My measure of success so far is that the courts,
and other government agencies, are now beginning to
realize that I mean business, and my knowledge of the
Law is correct, because they are now responding,
in writing, to almost everything which I submit,
particularly in court cases.  In USA v. Looker,
for example, the U.S. finally responded to our
challenge to the Jury Selection and Service Act;
their answer was weak to non-existent;  they only
had me on one matter of form, but not on matters
of any substance.  Substance always prevails over
form.

/s/ Paul Mitchell

 What is the status of this, i.e. will the federal gov't even acknowledge
any of these goings on?

If you write to the Clerk of Court in Billings,
Montana state, they will provide you an accurate
quotation for obtaining the entire docket file
in People v. United States, to date.  You need to
know whom to ask, for what.

/s/ Paul Mitchell