Time: Sun Apr 20 23:40:42 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id WAA23266;
	Sat, 19 Apr 1997 22:41:34 -0700 (MST)
	by usr03.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id WAA17910;
	Sat, 19 Apr 1997 22:41:26 -0700 (MST)
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 23:39:39 -0700
To: liberty-and-justice@pobox.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: original 13th Amendment

I am going to give David Dodge the last
word on the point raised here, but my
information tells me that Virginia's
ratification was pivotal, as evidenced
by all the states which subsequently
printed it as Amendment Thirteen
in a very large number of authorized
printings -- authorized by state legislatures!

The Colorado Records Custodian has one such
example, which can be requested for the
cost of certification and mailing (no, they
will NOT send it to you pro bono).  This one
shows the anti-slavery amendment as #14,
and it was printed in 1867 -- a pivotal year
-- because the "other" 14th crashed into
the law books in 1868.

Quite a deal, in my opinion, particularly
when the implications are just this side
of massive, if not earth-shaking.

1867 was the last year America existed
without the scourge of federal citizenship
appearing to have constitutional authority.

Please help yourself.  Colorado enjoys all the
attention this amendment is getting.