Time: Tue May 06 02:59:59 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id CAA16572;
	Tue, 6 May 1997 02:54:05 -0700 (MST)
	by usr09.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id CAA20335;
	Tue, 6 May 1997 02:50:21 -0700 (MST)
Date: Tue, 06 May 1997 02:58:57 -0700
To: "Dale Robertson" <habeascorpus@hotmail.com>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Kemp Situation

Dale,

I was motivated to recall one of the most
astounding passages from Scripture I have
ever read:

"But false teachers are fools -- no better than animals.
They do whatever they feel like;  born only to be caught
and killed, they laugh at the terrifying powers of the
underworld which they know so little about;  and they
will be destroyed along with all the demons and powers
of hell.

"That is the pay these teachers will have for their sin.
For they live in evil pleasures day after day.  They are
a disgrace and a stain among you, deceiving you by
living in foul sin on the side while they join your
love feasts as though they were honest men.  No woman
can escape their sinful stare, and of adultery they
never have enough.  They make a game of luring unstable
women.  They train themselves to be greedy; and are doomed
and cursed.  They have gone off the road and become lost
like Balaam, the son of Boer, who fell in love with the
money he could make by doing wrong;  but Balaam was
stopped from his mad course when his donkey spoke to him
with a human voice, scolding and rebuking him.

"These men are as useless as dried-up springs of water,
promising much and delivering nothing;  they are as unstable
as clouds driven by the storm winds.  They are doomed to the
eternal pits of darkness.  They proudly boast about their
sins and conquests, and, using lust as their bait, they lure
back into sin those who have just escaped from such wicked
living.

"'You aren't saved by being good,' they say, 'so you might
as well be bad.  Do what you like, be free.'

"But these very teachers who offer this 'freedom' from law
are themselves slaves to sin and destruction.  For a man is
a slave to whatever controls him.  And when a person has
escaped from the wicked ways of the world by learning about
out Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and then gets tangled up
with sin and becomes its slave again, he is worse off than
he was before.  It would be better if he had never known about
Christ at all than to learn of him and then afterwards turn
his back on the holy commandments that were given to him.
There is an old saying that 'A dog comes back to what he
has vomited, and a pig is washed only to come back and wallow
in the mud again.'  That is the way it is with those who turn
again to their sin."

2 Peter 2

There are other translations, but this one conveys the idea
very well, I think.

Be well, Dale.  Semper fidelis.  Amen.

At 12:21 AM 5/6/97 PDT, you wrote:
>Paul:
>
>I am beginning to feal like I'm in some kind of crossfire. And I'm praying
that
>I'm wrong in that like all crossfire it will have nothing but destruction
as a
>legacy.
>
>See below incoming and outgoing on Mike Kemp this date:
>
>Dale
>
>================================
>
>Charli:
>Dale
>I want to thank you again for the update respecting Mike Kemp. As you know I
>have been very concerned as to what is going on with repsect to the sudden
>stoppage of any communication from Mike and or Rich Hayward to me. And you
>updates are a welcome bit of light in what appears to me as a growing
darkness
>and increasingly ugly situation.
>
>The news below is of course of continuing interest to me and I want you to
know
>that I appreciate it as well as your time and thoughtfullness in
forwarding this
>info to me. Every case I work on I seem to become ego involved and
empathetic
>with the situation and people and this case is certainly no different.
>
>But I have to tell you that the type of post you have below is greatly
offset by
>the language referencing Paul Mitchell. Paul is not the reason Mike is in
Jail.