Time: Fri May 16 10:48:22 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id WAA15886;
	Fri, 16 May 1997 22:27:05 -0700 (MST)
	by usr08.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id WAA10795;
	Fri, 16 May 1997 22:23:29 -0700 (MST)
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 10:47:17 -0700
To: fwolist@sportsmen.net
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: NOT-AG Reno (fwd)

excerpt sic:

>Paul Mitchell and Scott,
>
>I would like to see someone try to enforce that Janet Reno isn't
>the present Attorney General.
>
>------
>Doug

It is being done in a variety of ways,
especially in IRS cases, because the
Attorney General AND the Secretary of
the Treasury (or their delegates)
both must authorize actions for the
collection and/or enforcement of
federal income taxes.  Gilbertson
did it in U.S.A. v. Gilbertson, and
that case is now up to the Eighth Circuit,
on a Motion for Rehearing En Banc, to
release him from prison, pending appeal.

I will be writing the Opening Brief in
about 2 weeks;  we obviously want him
out, to help coordinate the arguments.

See IRC 7401 (NOT 26 U.S.C. 7401), and
the powerful Cadillac case (actually,
it is a BMW, imho :)

Since Reno defaulted in the face of one
FOIA request and appeal so far, and then
also a 10-day courtesy letter, she is
now estopped in cases where the defendant
has executed the same sequence.

The permanent way to remove her is
for such an aggrieved defendant
to move up to Quo Warranto,
and then to estop her from exhibiting
any credentials when forced to do so
by the court.  This is the law, and QW
is an ancient writ -- like Habeas Corpus.

The holding which controls is Carmine
v. Bowen:  silence activates estoppel.

You can tell from the Latin  :)

(Cicero actually wrote the Declaration of
Independence in a dream, and Thomas
Jefferson merely translated, but in
the third Person.  I prefer first -- myself :)

You must have standing to sue in this
fashion, however, or any good judge would
throw it out on this important technicality.

Usually, private Citizens must petition
for leave to institute Quo Warranto, because
it is a prerogative Writ for the State.

See Notice of Intent to Petition for Leave
to Institute Quo Warranto in People v.
United States et al., now awaiting district
judge's certification for appeal to proceed.
We may have to punt, and petition the 9th
Circuit for leave to appeal interlocutory
orders.  (See Final Judgements Act.)

This QW will dismantle the IRS, officially.
The case is already won, because the evidence
is now uncontroverted.  See "The Cooper File"
by William Cooper and Wayne Bentson.  This is
a brilliant piece of work, BTW;  we are planning
to host this path-breaking research on our web site,
as soon as our rocket-scientist gets back from
Hubbling around the Universe.  :)

p.s.  I just came from Andy Garcia's
latest movie.  I think he's great --
just needs better writers.  His line
about white tennis shoes is the best.

So, I'm a little disjointed.  I don't
think New York City is in either zone.  :)