Time: Tue May 27 06:09:31 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id FAA18807;
	Tue, 27 May 1997 05:53:20 -0700 (MST)
	by usr10.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id FAA22396;
	Tue, 27 May 1997 05:53:14 -0700 (MST)
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 06:01:51 -0700
To: fwolist@sportsmen.net
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: rooted in supreme law?

The states are foreign with respect to ("wrt") each other,
just as federal municipal law is foreign wrt the
several states.  Confer at "conflict of laws"
in Corpus Juris and American Jurisprudence.

Congress refers to the several states as "countries"
at 28 U.S.C. 297.  It is general federal law which
is not "foreign" wrt the several states.  See,
in pari materia, the federal witness statutes at
18 U.S.C. 1512 and 1513:  they contain explicit
extensions beyond federal territorial jurisdiction.

See also Caha v. U.S., 152 U.S. 211, 215 (1894).