Time: Tue May 27 11:48:21 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id JAA03055;
	Tue, 27 May 1997 09:43:16 -0700 (MST)
	by usr02.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id JAA23099;
	Tue, 27 May 1997 09:43:12 -0700 (MST)
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 11:34:18 -0700
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: ping (please pong)

NOTICE:  Policy Change

Dear SLS Clients,

We previously added all SLS clients also
to my private email list of "friends",
as an informal, experimental policy.

However, this has meant that all SLS
clients also got double messages whenever
I broadcasted to "SLS" AND to "friends"
(about 1 out of 5 messages to SLS).

To stop these double messages, I have
removed all SLS clients from "friends",
and I will add no "friends" to "SLS"
unless they enroll properly.  This will
conserve bandwidth, if only a smidgen.

But, PLEASE do not infer from this action
that you are no longer our friends, okay?

Actually, SLS gets EVERYTHING I do, so you
are really more than friends, if you know
what I mean :)

Please also acknowledge receipt of this
message, so I know you are still out there.

Several clients have not sent us any email
for several weeks, and we are just checking in,
to make sure you are there, and reading your email.

Many thanks, everyone, for making this unique
learning environment an exciting adventure in
mutual discovery and creativity.