Time: Wed May 28 05:21:43 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id FAA06429;
	Wed, 28 May 1997 05:03:19 -0700 (MST)
	by usr09.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id FAA09335;
	Wed, 28 May 1997 05:03:13 -0700 (MST)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 05:18:19 -0700
To: harold@halcyon.com
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: People v Boxer

At 11:58 PM 5/27/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Paul, was your petition for writ of mandamus in People v. Boxer denied?

The California Supreme Court transferred
it one level down, to the Court of Appeals,
where a 3-judge panel denied the petition,
without explanation.

>If not, what was the final dispostion of the case?

I ran out of gas, and time, and procedural knowledge
at that time, and failed to petition the Supreme Court
for review, so the judgment became final, 30 days
after the Appellate decision.  I did try to get
an extension on the deadline, but nobody in that
building wanted that case around any longer,
and I mean NOBODY!

 Not surprising Boxer
>fell silent.  What in the world was she going to say?

You may not realize that she had said,
in front of 500 people at a community
meeting, that she would witness the
evidence.  So, we had her on a verbal
contract as well.

  Did you get as
>far as orally arguing for the mandamus?

No.  We only got a one-page ORDER from the
Appellate Court:  DENIED.

  Did you receive a written
>denial of your petition?  Very intriguing case!

There were tons of exhibits, including a
hard copy of "The Federal Zone: Cracking
the Code of Internal Revenue."  We had the
case cold, on preponderance.  I think Boxer
was told to fall silent, but I can't prove
that.  After that, IRS retaliated by stealing
$4,000 we have saved for a reprint, and hounding
me into 2 summons hearings, plus another suit
to obtain a court order authorizing IRS to
raid my safe deposit box (which I had never
used).  So, I must have driven them crazy,
on that day when they felt they had finally
found all my assets.  The dramatic moment
probably had 3 goons and 2 bank officers
march over to the safe deposit box, key in
hand, only to open it and discover it was
empty.  The upshot of that safe deposit box
case was that the U.S. admitted they needed
a court order -- very valuable pleading on
their part!  The truth was:  I had no assets,
because their theft of the bank account had
rendered me destitute.  In retrospect, the
freedom of total poverty is something worth
looking at.  The love of money is the root of
all evil anyway!

>Thanks for the info.

You are very welcome.