Time: Wed Jun 04 16:12:47 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id QAA15067;
	Wed, 4 Jun 1997 16:15:18 -0700 (MST)
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 16:12:11 -0700
To: "Carl  W. Spitzer IV" <75313.2601@CompuServe.COM>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLF: U.S.A. v. Gilbertson, Minnesota federal courts

At 05:32 PM 6/4/97 EDT, you wrote:
>Is it possible to send him stamps in the mail.

No.  BOP rules require him to purchase
stamps in at the FPC PX (Federal Prison
Camp/Post Exchange).

  BTW what is a "Motion for
>Rehearing En Banc"?

He was sentenced to 18 months in federal prison.
2 days later, he requested release, pending appeal.
The district court judge denied this request.

The case file was transferred to the 8th Circuit.
There, he requested release, pending appeal, again.
A 3-judge panel of the 8th Circuit denied this also.

So, he has petitioned the 8th Circuit for a Rehearing
En Banc.  A "rehearing" is a reconsideration of their
prior denial, for reasons enumerated by the Defendant.
"En Banc" means "The Whole Bank" of judge, i.e.,
the entire 8th Circuit Court of Appeals will vote
on the motion for release, pending appeal.

"Banc" is "bank" in French.

"Vous travaillez a  la  banc?" (read "travail")
"You  work       at the bank?"

Independently of that motion, we are preparing the
Opening Brief on the full-blown appeal. Of course,
if they vote to release him, pending appeal, their
grounds can be used as a precedent to cite, with favor,
in the full blown appeal.

Does that help?

/s/ Paul Mitchell

 What is ECG's current status , if you can say? Could this
>trouble be connected to the Pilot Connection Society?

Yes, he was one of their members.

 What was the nature of
>the alleged false statement on a tax form?

Understating taxable income.

 Was he simply legally not paying
>taxes for too many years in a row?
>
>I finally got my web connection back by reinstalling.  Support is
sometimes no
>help.
>
>Conservatively yours May 1997 my 2c         from the Sovereign State of
>California,
>Carl William Spitzer IV                                All Rights Reserved
>Without Prejudice
>Long live the legacy of the Great Ronald Reagan \\ Jesus save America and
judge
>her enemys
>Pray for Bill and Gore - Psalm 109:8-9
>It is the leisured, I have noticed, who rebel the most at an interruption of
>routine. -- Phyllis McGinley

>Dear Friends,
>
>My client, Everett C. Gilbertson, is patiently awaiting a ruling on his
Motion