Time: Thu Jun 12 15:32:49 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id MAA06246
	for [address in tool bar]; Thu, 12 Jun 1997 12:07:03 -0700 (MST)
	id MAA03180; Thu, 12 Jun 1997 12:07:04 -0700
	id SAA06735; Wed, 11 Jun 1997 18:42:39 -0700
	by usr01.primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id SAA09031;
	Wed, 11 Jun 1997 18:42:04 -0700 (MST)
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id SAA13199;
	Wed, 11 Jun 1997 18:41:48 -0700 (MST)
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 18:40:52 -0700
To: walterdoc@juno.com (walter e jacobson)
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLS: Schlabach letter to Newman

>so i understand this correctly, if i sign up and pay for your  your law
>school, then  you'll tell me what services the law firm provides for its
>hourly fee and 500 dollar minimum retainer,

The Supreme Law School and the Supreme Law Firm
are as separate as we can make them.  In the
School, you pay a maximum of $10 per month for
being added to our private email list.  I then
give high priority to questions which you post
to me, and anyone else on the list.  We maintain
your privacy and will not disclose your name or
email address to the other students, without
your permission.  We also reserve the right to
broadcast to everyone our answers to your
best questions.  But, the priority which students
receive is second to the priority we must give
to paying clients who have retained the professional
services of the firm.  Lately, we had to tell the
students that the OPENING BRIEF we were asked to
write for the Eighth Circuit would require our
total concentration for about 5 days;  it turned
out to require about 7 solid days, in part
because of some collating errors at the local
printer.  Such is the way of the world :)

  and you'll tell me names of
>people who have used the law firm so i can talk to them,

The Supreme Law Firm is interested primarily in
cases which have significant constitutional issues.
We reserve the right to decide if and when a student
question crosses into an area which requires
professional time.  For example, we do not permit
people to enroll in the school, when their real
purpose is to obtain inexpensive legal services.
So far, only a few have crossed the line, and they
have agreed with our decisions in this regard.
So, I don't think we have been at all arbitrary
when it comes to refusing free legal services.

If you want to contact one or more of our clients,
we would need from you a brief description of your
case, and we would then seek permission of the
client(s) to disclose their name(s) to you.
We do our best to respect the law which makes
privacy a fundamental Right.  This is not always
easy, because privacy is a sorely overlooked Right
in contemporary America.  So, it is not appropriate
for you, for example, to request the name(s) of
all of our clients.  We would decline to provide
the entire list, on principle.

You should also know that our constitutional work
has been actively scuttled by agents known and
unknown to us during the past 12 months.  Several
clients were persuaded to believe a vicious lie
that I am a government agent;  I am not.  That
gave those particular clients cause to refuse
payment for services tendered, rendered, and
accepted (because the clients signed and filed
the briefs in question).  So, I reserve the right
not to disclose those clients to you, because
I don't care to throw gasoline on a fire that is
already burning.  The bottom line here is that
I have been stiffed for approximately $50,000 in
legal work which I performed during the past 12
months, and now I must be super cautious about
any new cases.  I have rent, telephone, power,
gasoline, and food bills.  I do need to wash
clothes on occasion too :)

I hope this helps.

 and you'll
>provide cases i can look up?

Yes, of course.

We also sell certain publications because we hold
the common law copyrights to these works.  For
example, "The Federal Zone: Cracking the Code of
Internal Revenue" has citations to over 200 key
American court cases.

We do our best to provide you with exact citations
at all times, including the correct Internet URL's
to the vast resources which are already available
in the fields of law and American History.  For
example, "The Constitution Annotated" is a fantastic
reference work which was commissioned by an Act of
Congress.  These are works which you will want to
know about, and we are happy to direct you right to
them.

In some cases, we have the text of a particular case
already on disk, and for the asking, we will send you
that text.  Dyett v. Turner, Utah Supreme Court (1968),
is an excellent example of this sort of text;  we keep
this decision in our private law library, because of its
immense significance in the context of the so-called
14th amendment.  We are currently managing about
five gigabytes of text like the Dyett case.

You must appreciate that "remote learning," as it is
called, is relatively new to the world, so we always
find ourselves pioneering in one way or another.
We appreciate it very much when students make one or
more significant contributions.  I like to recall my
own experience in graduate school, where the students
and professors were on a first-name basis.  We all
learn from each other, provided that everyone is
properly motivated, and minimally capable.

One word in closing:  we do not debug email problems
under the auspices of the school.  If and when you
have email problems, we direct you to your Internet
Service Provider ("ISP") and/or the software vendor
who writes and sells the software.  After 26 years
in the computer industry, I know how time-consuming
such problems can be, and it makes all the difference
in the world to leave these problems to the experts.
In this way, we manage our time to concentrate on
what we now do best -- constitutional law and its
contemporary applications to state and federal
conduct towards Citizens of the several states of
the Union.

I hope this helps.

email:   [address in tool bar]       : using Eudora Pro 3.0.2 on 586 CPU