Time: Thu Jun 12 16:08:57 1997
	by primenet.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id MAA21112;
	Thu, 12 Jun 1997 12:52:15 -0700 (MST)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 15:42:55 -0700
To: "Watts, William (HT-MS)" <wwatts@gic.gi.com>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: SLF: OPENING BRIEF, U.S.A. v. Gilbertson, 8th Cir.
Cc: <nwave@ninthw.com>

At 01:38 PM 6/12/97 -0700, you wrote:

>Hi Paul,
>
>> No decision yet.  The deadline for filing
>> the Opening Brief is June 18, 1997.
>> Then the U.S. has until July 18, 1997, to
>> respond.  Then, we get a shot at rebutting
>> their Response.
>
>I guess I need some details on the case.
>
>What was he being charged with?

Two counts of filing a false tax return.

>Do you have this case information at your Web site?

I am working right now with the website consultant
to develop a rapid update methodology for the
Supreme Law website.  We will upload all the files
which I contributed to the docket, both district
court and circuit court, thanks to Everett's
financial generosity.

>> So, it has only just begun.
>
>Keep me posted.

Keep checking in the Supreme Law Library.
We plan to add a category called "Cases,"
and then separate index pages for each
case I have worked on in recent months
(about 12 total).

>Thanks!
>
>Bill Watts
>http://www.nothinbut.net/~wwatts/
>
> --
>
>The jury has a right to judge both the
>law as well as the fact in controversy.
>
>John Jay, first Chief Justice, U.S.
>Supreme Court, in Georgia v. Brailsford,
>1794:4
>
>To consider the judges as the
>ultimate arbiters of all constitutional
>questions is a very dangerous
>doctrine indeed, and one which
>would place us under the despotism
>of an oligarchy. - Thomas Jefferson
>
>If we can prevent the government from
>wasting the labors of the people under
>the pretense of caring for them, the
>people will be happy. - Thomas Jefferson
>
>The Libertarian Party:
>
>http://www.lp.org/lp/

email:       [address in tool bar]   : Eudora Pro 3.0.2 on Intel 586 CPU