Time: Tue Oct 29 15:35:20 1996
To: "Harvest" <harvest@whitemtns.com>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: A Personal Request
Bcc:

Dear Mr. Cooper,

When I was a research associate at the
University of California, I had the good
fortune of working under a former Navy
Captain who helped bombard Iwo Jima.
He was an unusually kind man, who was
also a great boss.  He once told me that
he was the one who did the aiming and
firing for all four triple-gun turrets
which bombarded that island.  He didn't
want a miss to fall on the shoulders of
any of his sailor subordinates.  The
Marines, one of whom was my father,
later remarked how precise the bombardment
was:  he could drop 12-inch shells right
down a chimney, and this from a battleship
listing and recoiling 5 feet from every
salvo.

I have a very urgent reason to contact him,
because I believe we are approaching a
high water mark of judicial corruption in
America, and I need to brief supportive
personnel in the Pentagon as to what is
really going on.  I am an eyewitness to
quite a few incidents of judicial tyranny,
and Title 18, U.S.C. Section 4, gives me
the authority I need to approach military
people.  The FBI is doing nothing but
push paper.  The Justice Department is
complicit.  The Board of Governors of the
U.S. Postal Service are sitting on their
hands.  On and on it goes.

If we need to show some of these people
that we can overpower the U.S. Marshals,
particularly when they are covering for
the felonies of certain federal judges,
the only way to do that is to make a
"presence" felt, preferably in some
very subtle, but genuine ways.  My first
thought is to recommend that a number of
undercover ONI personnel become eyewitnesses
to similar events.  Such events now happen with
such a high frequency, they would not really need
to depend on hearsay or even affidavits to
witness personally what I am talking about.

So, my request is this:  if I needed to
reach this Captain in the Pentagon, would
you be willing to be a go-between so that
the Captain will know that my reason for
contacting him is genuine, and that I do really
need to meet privately with him, pursuant
to 18 USC 4?  It has been many years since
I have had any contact with him, but he will
recognize me immediately, and will certainly
give me an audience, if only to catch up on
news from our respective lives.

I would be most appreciative, Mr. Cooper.

The only downside here is that the Captain
may have retired already, but that should
be easy enough to find out.  He still would
be able to suggest a number of contacts to
us, once he hears the entire story.

I am standing by.

/s/ Paul Mitchell

P.S.  I will be happy to learn PGP,