Time: Mon Nov 04 17:15:29 1996
To: "Inc." <nwave@ninthw.com>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: Right to Travel Brief is approved for publication
Bcc:

Dean,

My replies to:

  Ninth.Wave@concentric.net

are bouncing consistently.

I have tried to forward the bounces to you.

Any ideas?

>Hi Paul:
>
>Line numbers are tough.  If you can save the file as plain
>formatted text.  For example:
>

>1  This is some text
>2  that has been formatted like Paul wants
>3  so don't mess with it

I don't think that MS-WORD for DOS will write
to a file in this fashion.  Plus, we want the
original .DOC files, to preserve bold and
italics, which were utilized heavily to
highlight key words and phrases.

Soooooo,  it looks like line numbers are definitely
out.  However, we can provide downloads of the
originals, which have the line-number option
enabled.  People with Microsoft word processors
will get the line numbers when they print the
original files to their laser printers.

Another option is to provide everything in RTF
format.

Here's an idea.  I will give you a typical brief
in every format we are now considering:

.DOC  original
.ASC  ASCII with line breaks
.RTF  Rich Text Format
.TXT  ASCII without line breaks
.WP5  conversion of .DOC to WordPerfect 5.0

.RTF may be promising for what you need.

Let me know, ok?

/s/ Paul Mitchell

>We can just use a preformatted command to
>display it in times font just as it
>would appear on paper.  That's it for HTML.

Okay, then our target structure is
HTML;  we must live within its
inherent limitations.  Underlines
are reserved for hypertext links.

>We have the SLS handouts from Saturday only.

If you choose a dinner nite,
I will bring briefs to spill
sweet-and-sour sauce on top of.

"A preposition is a word you