Time: Mon Nov 11 21:13:23 1996
To: "Neil T. Nordbrock" <neilnord@primenet.com>
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: DCUS v. USDC
Bcc:

Dear Neil,

The FOIA Appeal is very easy -- one page.
The larger question is the court of
competent jurisdiction.  You know what
my research says about the District Court
of the United States v. the United States
District Court.  Do you seriously think
that Larry Condit will go along with this
strategy, particularly after he expressed
his desire to jettison Vern Holland in
no uncertain terms?  Do you remember when
I asked if you would get a copy of Roll's ORDER
to New Life concerning the proper forum
for FOIA?  I never heard back from you
on that point.  Is Gene Burns intent on
remaining stubborn about the grand jury case,
or is he as willing to help out as you say
he is?  I mean, we are only talking about
a single photocopy of a single page.

Roll struck all my pleadings, and then sealed
the case.  Do you seriously think I am
going to get anywhere trying to fetch that
ORDER from the Clerk of the U.S. District
Court?  I think not. Or the Ninth Circuit?
I think not.  I remember that you once said
to Gene that he has been screwed every single
time he has hired a licensed bar member, and
now you want to pay Mr. Condit $10,000
"because he is aggressive."  Have you changed
your mind about licensed bar members?  I am
very confused.  If you want a paralegal,
or a professional secretary to do your typing
for you, then you should find one and pay that
person the going rate for such skills.

I do not feel right charging you $75 per hour to
do your typing for you.  If you are hesitant to
give me bad news, then it makes me wonder how
we are going to work together on much broader
issues, with much broader significance, and
much higher risks, particularly after I go to
great expense, and personal risk, to clarify
the distinction between the two classes of
federal courts, and you take actions which
are guaranteed to launch you right back into
the United States District Court to enforce
production of FOIA documents.

I cannot, and will not, change horses in the
middle of the stream.  Alfonso Lopez did not
succeed the way he did by playing musical chairs.
If there is something you don't want to tell me,
then have Evelyn tell me; or put it in writing,
rather than telling me in person.  Is there something
that Gene is telling you, that leads you to
take on Condit and proceed in a colorable court?

I am at my wit's end, having come to Tucson at
your urging, only to be kicked in the face
and knocked to the ground by Gene, his wife,
his employees, the courts, the Patriots,
friends, acquaintances, and everyone else,
not to mention the FBI, the BATF, the hotel,
Richard McDonald, the Militia, the Township,
Microsoft, Sheila, the Freedom Center, Herb
Crawford, and Elizabeth Broderick.  Have I left
anyone out?  Oh yes, Tim Hay, Martha, Susan,
and the birds.  At least the dogs welcome me;
maybe they'll let me sleep in their dog house,
when I can't pay my rent because clients stiff
me for $25,000, the IRS takes $4,000 recently,
and $45,000 not too long ago, and a "faithful"
customer takes the electronic copy of my book
and posts it on the Internet, without my permission,
where the entire world can download it, without
anyone giving me one single cent for that insult.

I have had it, Neal.  So, the next time you see
Mr. Burns (a verb, right?), please inform him that
I am explicitly reserving my Rights to sue him, AND
his precious trust, for numerous violations of the
law, including wrongful discharge, fraud, mail
fraud, breach of contract, and invasion of
privacy (a fundamental Right, according to
Title 5).  Everybody and his uncle wants me to
help them defend and assert their Rights, but
few if any are willing to assist me with mine.

I have tried to keep my presence with you about
New Life, because they are obviously a long-term
and important client of yours.  But the line gets
crossed when the General Manager stops paying me
without notice, throws me out of the office
on very short notice, and then does everything
within his power to throw me out of the apartment
I am living and sleeping in, simply because he
got his ego caught in the meat grinder, and it
came out dog food on the other side.  What a
champion!!

Ask Larry what life is like working under
that ego maniac.  At 60 years of age,
you would think that he might have learned
by now that we praise our friends in public,
and we rebuke them in private.

Gene has it backwards;  how pathetic.

I find it impossible to believe that
Gene did not fully intend to render me
totally homeless, helpless, and starving,
because I had the balls to stand up
to his wife, the TV junkie.  At least she could
have admitted that she never even read a single
brief I had written;  at least that would have
been honest.  Flying to S.F. after staying up
all night to assemble the pleadings, and then
flying home to hear them complain that I was
"out of touch," is bad enough;  then I come
to find out that Linda handed me my own money
for travel and living expenses on that trip.
Just how do you think that made me feel?

Oh, let's not forget Susan and her little
wire fraud number.  What is this, animal farm?

Did Burns pay me "adequately," when I was
trying to be gracious as he handed me a check
for $100 per week.  How very generous.  Don't
you see how humiliating it was to be paid with
lunch, day after day, as Gene prances around
his favorite restaurant, with his blonde bombshell
in tow, filing her nails at the dinner table?

Neil, please do me a favor.  Take all the
money and credit cards out of your wallet,
and go for a long drive, so you are far
from home, and from all the food you have in
your multiple refrigerators.  When your
gas tank runs out of gas, or comes close
to running out of gas, you will begin to know
how I have felt ever since that day when Gene
and Linda decided that the advice of the FBI
was better to believe, even though it was
a lie, than the advice of their counsel,
who went out of his way to defeat the
indictment that was sure to come, if we had
not "gone to the mat" with the U.S., as
Gene had instructed me to do.  Do you really
think that Judge Scholl will even take the
time to send me a "thank you" card?  He'll
be lucky if Bob Hirsh even shares all that
material with him. What can this guy know?
He's not even licensed.

I can tell you this much.  If it is God's
will that I remain in Arizona for any
length of time, you can be sure that I will
dedicate every ounce in my body to ushering
the "United States" criminal extortion racket
out of Arizona completely, and back to the
District of Columbia, where the Potomac runs
over with brown sewage, and the shoreline is
riddled with grave stones.  And if it is
God's will that I die in the process of
striving for this worthy and reachable goal,
then my blood will not have been spilt in
vain, because your grandchildren will live
to breath freely, in the home of the brave.
Embrace them for me, will you, in case I don't
ever have the chance.

/s/ Paul Mitchell

P.S.  I have $37 in my wallet right now.