Time: Mon Nov 25 15:24:01 1996
To: joseph.d.robertson@nhmccd.cc.tx.us
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: Car 54, Here Am I!!
Bcc:

At 01:25 PM 11/25/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Monday, 25Nov96 @ 12:55 Hours CST
>
>TO:      Paul Mitchell
>FROM:    Dale Robertson
>SUBJECT: Response to your e-mail
>
>Paul:
>
>Glad to make contact once again. This is the first morning that I have
>been on the sys sinc departing for Comdex.
>
>Further response interlineated as follows:
>> Hi Dale,
>>
>> I left word with your contact in Vegas.
>>
>Never got it - except your phone message late in the evening of Friday
>at my hotel (Buffalo Bill's up I-15 some 30 miles from Vegas. This is
>part of the Prima Donna complex of Hotels there)
>

>> My phones were down while I awaited a
>> phone company upgrade;  I now believe
>> they were taking extra time to install
>> wiretaps.  I am now back in my office,
>> with 2 lines working, out of the total
>> of 3 which I ordered.  I can be reached
>> by telephone at (520) 320-1513 until
>> further notice.  Best place is email,
>> always.
>
>I agree e-mail is best - written record - convenience to each persons
>schedule etc. But the wiretap potential is scarry. I was  understanding
>that wiretaps in this high tech latedate is a very fast and very simple
>thing to do. If so - how do you explain the improvident delay?
>

>> Sheila Wallen's brother tells me she
>> is out tomorrow on bond, pending appeal.
>> Time will tell. I am on the "war path"
>> now that I have been stiffed for over
>> $25,000 in legal fees, and seen every
>> single case scuttled by agents known
>> and unkown to me.  Since nobody else
>> is defending my Rights, I must do so now
>> myself.  Forgive me if that I have
>> taken on a different tone;  it is
>> because I am so very angry.  I know I
>> should be flattered, but the truth is --
>> I am angry, $25,000 worth.
>
>I agree! I just hope that you don't through the baby with the bath water
>- so to speak. Time is all we have (168 hours weekly) and it's not worth
>throwing after a lost cause.
>

>> How was Comdex?  I am looking for version
>> 950b of Windows 95;  it has the 32-bit
>> FAT known as FAT32.  Any advice to share?
>
>The microsoft pavillion gave me three disk of their newest release of
>Windows 95 (I think) but I haven't had the time to examine 5% of the
>material received there.
>
>Phillips and Mitsui are releasing new readable/writable versions of
>their CD systems in January. Prox $1000. each.
>
>Hughs has a downlink to the internet with 18 inch dish starting at
>27.50/month. Inquiry is via modem with tele link and response is via
>sattelite at twice the T-1 connection spead of delivery. Sounds
>impressive.

I've seen these work.  The weak link
is network load.  So, you wait and
wait for an extremely fast burst of
inbound data.  Until the cost falls,
I think a 56 Kbps modem, and/or
cable modems, are worth waiting for.
Alternatively, ISDN looks like a
good long-term investment, as the
backbone goes digital.  Plus, you
get 3 phone connections on one
twisted pair;  now that's worth
looking into.  But, catch is that
you need to separately power ISDN
modems, and the phones companies
are obligated by law to provide you
with one 911 line, which they must
power for you, in case of emergencies.
So, get two twisted pairs, at least:
one for the 911 (powered by the
regional) and one for ISDN, with
3 virtual circuits, for a total of
four phones lines.  That should make
most people happy, don't you think:

1.  private line
2.  Internet
3.  dedicated fax
4.  spare for whatever
    (e.g. second private line)

I had a very insightful and long
conversation with a Pac Bell
installer last January, and he
was really keen on ISDN, because
it saved them lots of work too.
He is recommending it to everyone.
My ISP consultant was one of the
design engineers for the Telebit
Trailblazer, and he highly recommends
the Motorola Bitsurfer Pro (ISDN).

Now you know everything I know.  :)
/s/ Paul Mitchell

>Motorolla has a totally RF link from computer straight to public service
>broadcast of internet which is totally RF in inquiry and delivery of
>internet services. Expensive and hardware is costly - as is usual for
>all Motorolla hardware.
>
>Since I have some personal business interest in tjouch screen control of
>security and building maintence systems with signal delivered spread
>spectrum along existing hardwire electrical connections through out the
>building system. This sys will control on/off of all appliances, lights,
>doors or any other device which can be actuated and/or ramped up or down
>with a digital or analog signal. If you have any contacts in this
>hardware or software area - I would like to make contact. I did receive
>significant input at the Comdex on this subject and am anxious to follow
>up on them. The weak point here is the hardware and software pertaining
>to the spread spectrum delivery of digital signal along existing
>electrical wiring in a building. This alternative is of course in lieu
>of RF signal generation, spread spectruf or no, since RF has some
>difficulty in transmission between building walls with steel in them in
>the 900 megahertz band. Hence my interest in hardwire via the electrical
>sys already in place. Ie: no wiring and no RF and thus no interference.
>I have only a few leads in this area. Can you help any here?

Yes, the Internet has a wealth of this
kind of data.  Try Alta Vista first;
it is very fast and vast.

/s/ Paul Mitchell

 There is a
>significant market for this product throughout the US in retrofit of
>buildings already built as well as buildings now being built.
>-------------------
>Paul I tried every way that I could to communicate with you last week -
>to no avail.

When the phone company told me it was
going to take a week to upgrade the
phones, I accepted an invitation to
rest in Texas, where I slept for
3 solid days.  I needed to be away
from the mounting pressures.  When
I returned, I had a huge Catch-22,
shuttling between an apartment with
no phone (where I waited all day for
the phone installer to arrive) and
the nearest phone booth (the only
place where I could contact my client,
who was facing a virtual death sentence
if he went to jail).  When the installer
finally arrived, he was arrogant, obnoxious,
and even threatening when I complained to
his boss about disappearing for 2 hours.
It was terrible.  I finally got around
to reading email headings (1500+) that
evening;  that's when I found your messages.
They had been backed-up for a solid week.
I apologize for the mixup.  It was one
of those black holes in the universe,
for sure.

I was certain - under those cirumstances that we would meet
>up in Vegas some how.

Now with me in Texas, sleeping
round the clock!  :)

 I even drove through the Phoenix area on the way
>up to Kingman then past the dam and on into Vegas on Tuesday late.
>but I missed you at every turn.

I didn't bother to tell anyone
where I was going.  This is now
necessary, because I have been
threatened big time, and more
threats appear to be headed my
way.

 In addition to the phone, I sent e-mail
>to you personally from Tuscon (did you get this mail?)

see above.

 and indirectly
>through the courtesy of John Edward Burr who was kind enough to receive
>my pleas and respond with forwarding my message via e-mail. (Did you
>recive e-mail from me indirectly through John?)

Yes, yours were among the 1,500+
inbound email messages waiting
for me when I returned home.

 I'm really disapointed