Time: Mon Nov 25 18:40:02 1996
To: adbryan@onramp.net
From: Paul Andrew Mitchell [address in tool bar]
Subject: cut open and packed with drugs
Bcc:

At 08:11 PM 11/25/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Are we sure the baby packed is drugs is nothing more than
>an *urban myth*? It would seem like a story that gruesome
>would have made the local newscasts and I can never recall
>that type of story. That's even one of those stories that
>would have been retold on Paul Harvey.
>
>Alan B.

Alan,

Forewarned is  forearmed.   In his book "The Crimes of Patriots,"
author Jonathan  Kwitny writes,  "Another former officer from the
army's Criminal  Investigation Division  ... now  a  stockbroker,
says that  his investigation  group filed reports to the Pentagon
revealing that  G.I. bodies being flown back to the United States
were cut  open, gutted,  and filled  with heroin.  Witnesses were
prepared to  testify that  the heroin-stuffed soldiers bore coded
body numbers,  allowing conspiring  officers on the other end, at
Norton Air Force Base in California, to remove the booty -- up to
fifty pounds  of heroin  per dead  G.I.   The army acted on these
reports   --   not by coming down on the dope traffickers, but by
disbanding the  investigative team  and sending  them  to  combat
duty, the  investigator says.   Other reports corroborate the use
of G.I.  bodies to  ship dope  back  to  the  United  States  via
military channels."   [New  York, W.  W. Norton  & Company, Inc.,
1987, p. 52]  Any comments?