Re: Social Security Withdrawal

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Supreme Law Firm Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Hockman on September 14, 1997 at 09:19:07:

In Reply to: Social Security Withdrawal posted by John Hockman on September 11, 1997 at 07:29:21:

: Here is an interesting item. Seem one can get out of Soc. Sec. after all. Form SSA-521 is the out.



: Contents

: Subpart F--Applications and Related Forms

: Sec. 422.515 Forms used for withdrawal,
: reconsideration and other appeals, and appointment of
: representative.

: The following is a list of forms prescribed by the Social
: Security
: Administration for use by the public to request a withdrawal of an
: application, a reconsideration of an initial determination, a
: hearing, a review of an administrative law judge's decision, or for
: use where a person is authorized to represent a claimant.

: SSA-521--Request for Withdrawal of Application. (For use by an
: individual to cancel his application.) SSA-561--Request for
: Reconsideration. (For use by an individual who disagrees with an
: initial determination concerning (a) entitlement to benefits or any
: other right under title II of the Social Security Act, or (b)
: entitlement to hospital insurance benefits or supplementary medical
: insurance benefits under title XVIII of the act, or (c) entitlement
: to black lung benefits under title IV of the Federal Coal Mine
: Health and Safety Act. See Sec. 422.140 for a
: discussion of the reconsideration procedure.) SSA-1696--Appointment
: of Representative. (For use by person other than an attorney
: authorized by a claimant to act for him in a claim or related
: matter.) SSA-1763--Request for Termination of Supplementary Medical
: Insurance. (For use by an enrollee in requesting that his
: supplementary medical insurance coverage be terminated.)
: SSA-1965--Request for Hearing--Part B Medicare Claim. (For use by an
: individual enrollee or his assignee to obtain a hearing before a
: hearing officer designated by the carrier concerning benefits
: payable under part B of title XVIII.) HA-501--Request for Hearing.
: (For use by an individual or institution to obtain a hearing on a
: claim for title II benefits before an administrative law judge of
: the Social Security Administration.)

: Forget this post. The form I found out is only to stop the application for benefits.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Supreme Law Firm Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]